SAU Community

Will Rb25det clutch directly fit Rb25de R33?

Hi,

I've got an R33 rb25de manual and need a new clutch. Will an RB25det clutch be a direct fit or will I need the det flywheel as well?

I know this has been asked a couple of times but they are old threads and couldnt find a definite answer on them. Some posts say yes but some say no so confused lol.

According to the Parts Catalogue, they are different part numbers, for both pressure and driven plates, so no they are not interchangeable. AND I think this previous post answered your question, don't search for answers at 1am get some sleep then your brain will work.

Rb20det gearbox in a r33 gtst coupe

By BASHERnissan, August 20, 2019 in RB Series - R31, R32, R33, R34 (1986-2002)

17 hours ago, ossy said:

Hi,

I've got an R33 rb25de manual and need a new clutch. Will an RB25det clutch be a direct fit or will I need the det flywheel as well?

I know this has been asked a couple of times but they are old threads and couldnt find a definite answer on them. Some posts say yes but some say no so confused lol.

It will not work without the corresponding turbo flywheel due to the diameter being bigger on the turbo clutch. 

Input shafts are the same as far as I know, so you shouldn't have an issue with it engaging, but check it on the transmission before install. 

I

14 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

According to the Parts Catalogue, they are different part numbers, for both pressure and driven plates, so no they are not interchangeable. AND I think this previous post answered your question, don't search for answers at 1am get some sleep then your brain will work.

Rb20det gearbox in a r33 gtst coupe

By BASHERnissan, August 20, 2019 in RB Series - R31, R32, R33, R34 (1986-2002)

Haha sorry but still confused lol. That thread is about changing gearboxes and the needed parts but nothing about fly wheels, etc. I'm keeping my gearbox, just wanting to upgrade/change my clutch as its slipping.

@Blakeo  Arent they the same sizes? Was unsure about the number of teeth and bolt pattern. I've read other posts on here saying RB20Dets and Rb25dets both have 240mm flywheels. so I thought a 3piece Rb25det clutch should fit in that case.

Edited by ossy