SAU Community

HY51 Fuga Hybrid

Duncan

Well, much more to follow about the starting issue once I work it out, but in the meantime I was reminded that these are a very large car.  

This is the (very large!) trailer that we use for moving the race car and have had a head of other things on it like the Leaf and even the tractor at one stage. The Fuga only just fit width wise

image.jpeg

And length wise....

image.jpeg

....if it didn't have the big curve in the front bar I would have been calling a tow truck

image.jpeg

On the bright side, I can confirm a tractor with a tow ball on the 3 point hitch is just as good as a forklift with a ball on the tines for manoeuvring and tilting a trailer

image.jpeg

• 10 months later...

ugh, almost a year since I posted about a car that is meant to be a daily driver.....suffice to say it still is not running OK and I'll post up once I've got it sorted.

In the meantime, Eric has done a community service by showing what in inside a VQ hybrid engine....and he didn't even have to pull it apart to do so (noting, he did indeed pull apart what was left). Makes me feel much better about the state mine is in, all those oily bits are still inside mine.

yeah, that's not a VQ hybrid engine, it isn't even a VQ35HR..  that is a VQ35DD, which is a bit of a unicorn, only fitted to a couple of vehicles, but definitely not the hybrid.

It is a direct injected engine for a start, the HR isn't.