SAU Community

Import Agent

Hey guys, 

I have been messed around over a skyline 370gt car sale so decided to look into importing one myself. 

Prestige motor sports don’t import 370s anymore. 

Can anyone recommend another good agent to you use? 

Cheers

Ben.  

17 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Did Geoff say why they are not importing 370gt any more? 

There have been changes to import rules in the last 12 months that restrict models eligible for import.

Something to do with it not being worth it for him with costs etc and Oz market. 

Odd....Prestige (Iron Chef, etc etc) are borkers working on your direction so it is your choice if it makes financial sense.

The Fuga I just imported through Prestige there were cheaper cars here already but not in the spec and condition I was after.

1 hour ago, benoz1981 said:

Something to do with it not being worth it for him with costs etc and Oz market.

All the costs are borne by the buyer and the market in this case is, well, you + others that want a 370GT so I also find this a little strange.   There's even a dedicated page on the Prestige website.

https://prestigemotorsport.com.au/faqs/sevs-models-australia/nissan-skyline-crossover-370gt-and-370gt-premium-j50-series/

Anyway, your money, your choice.

Either way this has come from Geoff and he has stopped sourcing a number of other cars as well due to high prices or limited supply. Strange as I have seen quite a few 370s on cars from Japan, I could use them to get one but would have no idea how to go through the whole import process. 

Iron chef have said they can help me tho. 

• Like 1

interesting, I know he has stopped importing most R series (non GT-R) skylines due to the lack of quality examples, I am kind of surprised there are any issues with the 370GTs.