SAU Community

Misfire lost for words

Hey guys I have a r33 skyline gtst I have 0 spark from cylinder 5. I can change coils around still wont fire I've replaced the coil harness with brand new one also I got used oem coils still wont fire I've tested the wires from ecu to the plug end all show resistance, I'm starting to think it's my ecu that went bad, but I don't what to keep dishing out more money for no reason I've read every post on misfiring that I could find and 0 have helped me out Any help is appreciated a ton

Edited by Jesekj

Are you sure it's not firing - you've removed the coil and stuck a spark plug in, and there is no spark?

That's one third of the equation. Another third of the equation is fuel. Does the injector work?

The final piece of the equation is compression. Do you have compression?

Yes I've used a spark plug tester so I know I'm getting no spark at all to that coil what so ever. I don't see how a compression test would solve it not sparking or an injector not working either? which is leading me to think the ecu went bad out of no where this all started after I decat my car and put in a downpipe so i put a wideband in got two 20 mins rides out of it and its been misfiring since.

also forgot to mention its a series 2 rb25det 

yeah that's what I'm starting to think to, sad thing is I bought a Nistune for my car but I don't have a base map and this one was tuned to 400hp. So I know it wont start on my Nistune. lol If anyone on here has a base map for one I'd love to download it :D