SAU Community

Series 1/2 R33 fuel rail hoses vs Series 3 R33 fuel rail hose?

I'm busy replacing all the rubber lines on the intake side of the engine and something I've been having a hard time figuring out is what's going on with the Nissan parts catalog for the fuel rail hoses. I was planning on doing everything all OEM but the short fuel lines under the intake plenum that go to the fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail are discontinued for the series 1/2 R33. Original part number is 16446-05U01, Amayama claims the replacement is 17555-3S806 but looking it up that just looks like generic 8mm fuel line that requires cutting to length. The series 3 R33 part number is still available, 16446-24U00. I can't find any photos of it but the price looks a lot more sane. Looking up the plenum the part number is the same for all R33, the same is true of the fuel hardline under the plenum, the damper, the fuel rail, intake manifold, and FPR. Is there any particular reason to not buy the series 3 fuel line instead?

I did notice that the fuel line clamps are different part numbers, but I'm replacing every hose clamp I touch anyways. 

Edited by joshuaho96

On 9/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, Duncan said:

I'm torn by your question. It sounds like you want to retain 100% purity, so how can you put a part from the wrong series on it?

The more common choice would be any 8mm EFI fuel line for all those parts

I have to buy a big spool of 8mm fuel line anyways for the fuel filter line which is a Nissan generic line cut to length. I was just hoping to simplify my life by buying a pre-cut line because I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to risk something not fitting exactly right with slightly off OD causing the hose clamps to not be quite right or general clearance issues.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:16 PM, BK said:

With external rubber fuel hoses Gates barricade is about the only thing worth using these days.

Isn't new Nissan 8mm fuel hose made of FPM inner liner and E85 safe these days? Most of the lines in the car were replaced as a part of a chassis refresh because they were all severely dry rotted and ready to burst, I'm just down to the last little bits. The line from the fuel filter to the plenum hard line was definitely an FPM/ECO line, so I probably cut something relatively new out of general incompetence.

Curiously something I learned is the Series 3 R33 fuel hose clamps went from the screw-types of the earlier cars to a constant tension spring clamp, from the pictures I found it looks like it has two layers for extra fun/spring tension. I'm not really wedded to 100% factory for purity's sake, I'm just generally skeptical of aftermarket parts unless they have proven benefits. 

On 14/09/2021 at 4:10 PM, joshuaho96 said:

Isn't new Nissan 8mm fuel hose made of FPM inner liner and E85 safe these days?

Don't know, don't care - this is really not something worth obsessing over.

-Get some hose, like the Barricade

-cut with something like conduit cutters or parrot beaks to length

-put on car.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 1:21 AM, BK said:

Don't know, don't care - this is really not something worth obsessing over.

-Get some hose, like the Barricade

-cut with something like conduit cutters or parrot beaks to length

-put on car.

You clearly underestimate my ability to wildly overthink things.

• Haha 1