SAU Community

Ok so I'm trying to take off the harmonic balancer off my RB30. I've removed the center bolt and attached the pulley tool. But everytime I go to rotate the tool, the balancer moves.

I have the drive belts on to try hold the harmonic balancer still but that hasn't worked and I don't have an assistant to try counteract the force being applied to the pulley.

Does anyone have any advice for me😁

Can you put up a pic of your setup? I don't understand why the balancer should turn due to a puller (normally the pushing rod for the balancer has a cap that rotates freely on the shaft)

Either way, even if you don't have an assistant (and assuming you don't have a flywheel lock tool) you just need a bolt on the rear of the motor, a pry bar between the bolt and the flywheel ring gear, and a long arm...

IMG_20220125_174037981_HDR.thumb.jpg.e41d0d48633e09dc94ca67febb80447c.jpg

I did have all belts on but I started taking them off

Ok so I'm trying to take off the harmonic balancer off my RB30. I've removed the center bolt and attached the pulley tool. But everytime I go to rotate the tool, the balancer moves.

I have the drive belts on to try hold the harmonic balancer still but that hasn't worked and I don't have an assistant to try counteract the force being applied to the pulley.

Does anyone have any advice for me😁