SAU Community

Gear indicator display

Has anybody successfully worked out how to have an aftermarket gear position indicator for an auto in a stagea?

With the Link dash installation almost complete were having issues getting the gear position to show on dash unit, as the factory dash uses 2 seperate signal types between the box and the ECU, as in it receives a square wave signal and transmits a sine wave or vice versa, so it's not reading and allowing the dash panel to show .

It will also be making it potentially worse being that the trans is a manualised valve body and being Jatco 4th gear is electrically selected as well as the lock-up for converter, so they are switched seperate 

Easy to do, setup gear detection in the chassis settings. 
If need a hand send me your ecu file and I can set it up and send you a another page for setting it up as takes a few goes. Just need to adjust a few numbers in a table to get right.
Can also setup an output on the ecu to control the 4th and lock up solenoid.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

If need a hand send me your ecu file and I can set it up and send you a another page for setting it up as takes a few goes. Just need to adjust a few numbers in a table to get right.

Awesome I am hoping to get the car back today from the workshop,so I'll show them this message string and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the reply and input 🙂

On 6/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

I showed workshop fella your message and he would like some more information if possible, said something along the lines of running out of inputs to the dash and that the Jatco trans uses 7 wires for gear signals so don't have enough open/spare ports,for signalling.

It's a series 2 stagea with manualised valve body trans from MV automatics ,running a nistuned factory ECU that's paired to a Link Storm 4x ECU and an Aim/Link dash display MXS Strada Street.

If that's not enough info lemme know what else I can provide to assist.

Has nothing to do with wiring dash as its all should be over CAN to the dash maybe except fuel level & inidicator & lights.
Why piggy back? a Xtreme would have been much easier instead of having to tune 2 ecu's. 
Something like that I would have to see in person to sort out.

When the car initially had the storm fitted it was still a standard transmission and that's how Danny from Springy Performance set it up, and sadly we couldn't get it to function properly before he passed away, so I had to choose to manualise the auto or install a clutched manual.

Hopefully that makes sense to you, I have honestly no idea when it comes to tuning side of stuff because anything with wires hates me, so I stick to the mechanical side of stuff

I had a brief look at the wiring and from what I can see JEM made a Relay/circuit box of some description which is where it gets the info to the ecu I think so I will need to take a more detailed look at it to give you a definitive answer. Sorry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1