SAU Community

2530 vct setup

Gelati

Hi guys

In the process of putting together a 2530 and just trying to make sense of some of the info in the oil restriction table. I want to retain my VCT. I will be using an N1 oil pump and RB25DET head (circuit/drift application) so according to the table, ill be blocking off the front feed and inserting a 1mm restrictor in the rear feed in the rb30 block. My question is, what is it referring to when it states to leave the VVT supply?

image.thumb.png.e36cf762a5f0b3f20ff76848d5de74c4.png

Theres obviously no provision for a restrictor in an RB30 block for oil supply to VCT so i was a bit confused. I still haven't decided whether i want to do an external oil feed to VCT or the brass plug mod on the front of the head. But once i chose, that'll be it to ensure function of my VCT aside from welding up the oil feed in the head, yea?

The VCT oil feed returns via the head, so it is effectively a head oil supply as well, remembering the purpose of the table is to prevent high flow oil pumps filling the head (and emptying the sump).

You will need an oil  supply for the VCT, I'm not familiar with the various options

I would recommend going for an external oil feed for the Variable Timing Control, I've tried the internal brass plug way and it wasn't pressurising the VTC enough.  I had a new plug CNC'd with the correct hole sizes and it still didn't work, external worked perfectly.

• Like 1

Appreciate the feedback guys. External vct oil feed it is then. 

In regards to the oil restrictor table, that would count as "leaving" the vct supply, correct?

So i can follow it as recommend and block the front/ insert 1mm in rear?

On 6/18/2022 at 1:25 PM, Gelati said:

Appreciate the feedback guys. External vct oil feed it is then. 

In regards to the oil restrictor table, that would count as "leaving" the vct supply, correct?

So i can follow it as recommend and block the front/ insert 1mm in rear?

99% sure from memory that's what I did but might have gone for a 1.2mm restrictor with a 26 pump.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:25 AM, Gelati said:

Yes. The is about modifying engines that already have VCT and hence an internal supply. Your block doesn't, requires external feed added.

• Like 1