SAU Community

Is it possible to Import HR33 and ENR33 4 doors?

045HOW

As in the title is it possible to import HR33 GTS RB20E RWD and ENR33 GTS4 RB25DE AWD 4 doors? 

Last i recall we couldn't import due to power to weight ratios being too low for aus to accept compliance but thats just whispers in the wind from 10 yrs ago so i dunno.

Cheers if anyone knows :)

I have not been through the process under the new rules, but it looks like any car > 25 years should be possible

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/department/media/news/how-import-your-older-vehicle-25-years-or-older

However, not that if they are not on the RAV you have to apply and get them approved, this may not be simple (or possible), so best get advice from someone who has been through it

• Like 1

Yes we can import any passenger car over 25 years old. new law came into effect early 2019. replaced the old pre-1989 rule. 

However now the only hurdle is car insurance. i made several inquries for a Nissan R'Nessa GT Turbo and they never heard of the car model. so i doubt you'll be able to insure HR/ENR33 RB20E.

On 04/08/2022 at 7:27 PM, ACTIVE-LSD said:

However now the only hurdle is car insurance. i made several inquries for a Nissan R'Nessa GT Turbo and they never heard of the car model

Have you imported one or were you considering? First time I hear of them. Makes me think of a bit more quirky Stagea. Apparently SR20DET though on the same curb weight.

nissan-r-nessa.thumb.jpg.ce026f57ad7eba3e9fe808a23449fc77.jpg

On 8/4/2022 at 5:54 PM, soviet_merlin said:

Have you imported one or were you considering? First time I hear of them. Makes me think of a bit more quirky Stagea. Apparently SR20DET though on the same curb weight.

Caldina without the Toyota reliability? No thanks. No thanks to almost any post-Renault Nissan anyway.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, soviet_merlin said:

I was considering getting one to use as a daily but couldn't find an insurer. yeah i've always wanted one but wasn't eligible under SEVS. SR20DET wagon automatic 90s nissan styling.

• Sad 1