SAU Community

V35 Import Documents

Hi all,

Am trying to re-register a V35 in NSW. The car has an import compliance plate and it looks like it's been registered in Australia previously.

The mechanic wants to see the RVD information, but I cant find it. The information should be on the RTA web:

https://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVD.do

(select "Post 1999 search" twice, select make = "car", then make = say "Nissan", then click "search")

However I cant find it under any of the Nissan or Infiniti entries. I'm thinking maybe they were imported by some other company - anyone have any ideas who might have imported them, or where I can find the paperwork?

David

I don't know what that list is, but it does not have almost every import on it under Nissan; the only ones I could spot were Titan and Almera. There are a bunch of other things like Performax Nissan but I couldn't find them there either

You can get a copy of the import approval from DOTARS, that might help instead.  Last I got one, the email was: Vehicle Imports <[email protected]>

Thanks, sent them an email. 

I suspect it has been imported by someone other than Nissan or Infiniti - It's not listed under Nissan and the list of Infiniti cars doesn't go back that far.