SAU Community

New to the Skyline Scene - Barra Swap Project

Greetings all, 

I expect this is the first of very many times I'll be making use of this platforms resource and information. Working on a Barra swapped 1993 R33 at the moment. Long way to go but it is moving! 4 litre turbo will make for a fun RWD. For the purists, sorry not sorry ;)

PREP4.thumb.jpg.a7d6c4c48fde0e0d19c20273f31002a6.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Welcome, a few around with Barra's and I know of a very tidy one that runs 9's in full street trim and some drift ones.

Whats the plans with it? stock setup or something a bit wilder.

Hey mate, starting off with moderate power, probably around the 400rwkw mark at most. That's just to get a feel of the car first and sort out any gremlins. Will have a 4spd auto (Built BTR) with all the usual features like cruise control and ac etc. Just a greentop bottom end running e85 and will throw on a fuel economy tune on 98 that I'm confident will get sub 10L/100 in a lighter car like the skyline, hopefully haha. It's going to be relatively stock looking, I've got an s2 rear spoiler for it, stock fenders and bonnet, still yet to find a front bumper that I love but plenty of time. Suspension overhaul, will see how long the auto diff lives for as I want to experiment with the tall btr auto gears and short 4.36 diff ratio, but expect it will change. Lots of wiring too! Car is now fully stripped to have a frame rail repaired and I'm gutting all the subframes to do my brackets for gearbox and front end strengthening due to the larger motor. All in all, street registered, super clean paint and barra powered is the goal. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PranK said:

Nice one. Make sure you start a build thread, I know there'll be lots of people keen to follow on.

Welcome!

5 hours ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Nice :) Another vote for build thread please! 

Loving the support, I'll get one started. Currently managing two builds (XR6 Turbo also) but it's safe to say most of my attention is set on this.

• Like 3