SAU Community

R34 Sumitomo vs. Z33 Brembo

I keep going back and forth on this and just wanting some opinions.I currently have a set of r34 (im pretty sure) sumitomos on my stagea rs4 daily/street hooning car that's mostly stock. They're nice and quiet with decent stopping power but I have felt them fade a bit doing some spirited driving coming down the mountain.

recently I found a full set of z33 brembos with stock pads, rotors, and lines for a really good deal and picked them up.

Is it worth swapping to the brembos or should I sell them and buy slotted rotors, better pads, steel lines and fresh seal kit for the sumitomos? Wanting to get around 450hp with some light track use in the future.

The Stag is a heavy bitch so it's hard to argue against bigger brakes. You might as well fit the Brembos and sell the Sumitomos. The bigger rotors will be more resistant to fade. The calipers are....a little bit nicer too. Should be lighter.

I would start with a complete bleed of the brake system too with fresh brake fluid.

Most fade people get on the street is either from pads not suited to the driving, or old fluid that isn't happy anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

I would start with a complete bleed of the brake system too with fresh brake fluid.

Most fade people get on the street is either from pads not suited to the driving, or old fluid that isn't happy anymore.

The fade only happens going downhill on the togue after a few hairpins. But my pads probably have 2mm left in the front so no matter what I'll be swapping those and doing a fluid change

The Z33 Brembos use a 324mm disc as well, would be much better than the 310mm R34 GT-t Sumitomo setup.

I run the Z33 Brembos on my shit box and it seems to stop well at Sydney Motorsport Park's GP Circuit. I have only 437kW, so not huge power but can happily do 2x hot laps before experiencing any brake degradation. Currently using Intima RS pads (superseded model).