SAU Community

Sydney Drift Nationals

Tosh

what a day.... copngrats to the Full Lock guys for putting on a top class event. Thanks to all that made it from interstate to compete, and a very special thanks to the Japanese D1 drivers that came out to put on one of the best drift shows i think i have ever seen. Hopefully with a bit of luck the D1 drivers will go back to Japan and talk the event up and bring out a few more drivers and maybe their cars for the next event :):) Did i hear someone saying they wanna run an Aussie round of the D1 Grand Prix :):D:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, awesome day. I didn't know you were out there duncan + Kel - sorry I missed you guys. I am soo p1ssed off though. On the way home my CF card just dies :) I had heaps of great photos + video and a photo of me with one of the Japanese drivers. Does anyone know of a place that can repair and maybe recover the photos off this thing? Just as bad as the photo loss is the fact that now I don't have a 256mb card anymore, when i put it in the camera it just says "card error" and I can't even take any new pics on it.

Richard

Yep, awesome day. I didn't know you were out there duncan + Kel - sorry I missed you guys. I am soo p1ssed off though. On the way home my CF card just dies :) I had heaps of great photos + video and a photo of me with one of the Japanese drivers. Does anyone know of a place that can repair and maybe recover the photos off this thing? Just as bad as the photo loss is the fact that now I don't have a 256mb card anymore, when i put it in the camera it just says "card error" and I can't even take any new pics on it.

Richard

Sorry we missed you too! Try Fletchers Photographics, Pitt St in the city, for the CF card - when we got our camera from them a couple of months ago they mentioned they do photo recovery. Goodl luck!!!!

Sorry we missed you too! Try Fletchers Photographics, Pitt St in the city, for the CF card - when we got our camera from them a couple of months ago they mentioned they do photo recovery. Goodl luck!!!!

Thanks Kel. Apart from missing you guys, I also didn't bring any beer :) No one mentioned that drift nats was BYO! I saw three guys carrying in a BIN full of VB, they didn't even offer me one :)

On that note, Duncan, you didn't address my SAU newsletter by hand did you? Beer Baron indeed. I like it, now how do I change my nick?

hehe.

Richard

Did every one see the guy who ventured onto the track to claim the bar that was torn of the cefiro?

I sure did. I also saw him get booted from the event about 3 minutes later. Bet he was really pleased with that effort...

Richard

next time the club needs a stand and banner

Fo' shizzle. Also, whover came up with the idea of battering, then deep frying hotdogs is a bloody smart guy. Must have been Australian. :D

Richard

I was there driving the purple/black Hyperdrive Motorsport Sil80.

Unfortunately the Jap that borrowed it for the D1 show proved just how crap I was in it.

To jump in a strange car and within 3/4 of a lap be doing what he did shows just how much we all have to learn grasshopper... :(

I am hoping that Ben Ellis lets me have a copy of the incar so I can see how he did it...

Cheers

Ken.

PS At least one of our team won the factory class :rofl::rofl: so congrats to Mike. :(:D