SAU Community

Rez's R32 GTS-t Type M... presentable version!

Rezz

You going to go with the carbon doors?? Would look good, and then maybe some Bee-R carbon door trims?

That is looking mean as hell Rezz. Can't wait to see what she looks like all painted and polished up!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is looking mean as hell Rezz. Can't wait to see what she looks like all painted and polished up!

Thanks Dino :/ The R32 is even better though, 380hp at the wheels is on the cards...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Dino :D The R32 is even better though, 380hp at the wheels is on the cards...

Speaking of the R32, heres a flashback from mid-'05 back in Ashiya, Japan :D :

IMG_2619.jpg

Heres the 32 with the donk out (and bay painted Mitsubishi 380/Galant molten red):

DSC000871.jpg

Heres the R32 as of this morning
:

picture00007.jpg

It'll be tuned soon, we're hoping for between 0 and 380hp at the wheels, the turbo is well within it's limits, but we only want 1.0 bar... daily driver see.

And it isn't finished yet!!! That intake pipe will be cut down (why is it when you leave it to other people, they always add some wack bit of their own?) to about half the length, and the cosmetic side of things has yet to be finished. Yes, it's all shiny and whatever, but these cars are demo cars for TKO/K's Garage.

Justin/Trent: What are the specs on the engine mods done to the 32? I can see the Trust intake plenum, how about the turbo kit etc?

Cant wait to see the finished result

Nick

Justin/Trent: What are the specs on the engine mods done to the 32? I can see the Trust intake plenum, how about the turbo kit etc?

Cant wait to see the finished result

Nick

Heres a rundown of the parts so far (a few might change):

RB25DET

HKS T300 (like an oldskool GT3040) rebuilt '06 stylez

HKS stainless exhaust manifold

Trust 48mm wastegate with 1.0 bar spring

Full 3.5" straight through dump/front pipe

GReddy surge tank (aka intake mani :turned: )

Z32 airflow meter

Nismo 740cc injectors

Blitz BOV

A'pex Power FC with commander

HKS SPF Reloaded air filter

Nismo Coppermix single plate clutch

By the way, if anyone is interested in the Apex Power FC/Commander and Z32 air flow (both brand spanking new in box - no less), you can have the lot A$1,200 plus freight. We're gonna go for a D-Jetro setup instead.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Rezz whats the go with the two cars at the moment any progress?

I post up pics of the Skyline all tuned up and on the street either tomorrow or Tuesday Glenn. The Silvia is still in the paint shop but I've been told I can come pick her up on the 15th.

I've just bought some new Racing Hart CP-S10 wheels in 18x9 +21 and 18x10 +19 (yes they will stick out of the bodywork... just what I want :D with 3.5 - 4.0 degrees neg camber) for the Silvia and should be here just in time to put them on as it rolls out of the paint shop. F*ck the Starcorp Impuls... :thumbsup: too heavy, and they stand out too much. I've had more than one shady character take a second look at them in the carpark at the local mall.

The R32 will get similar Wed's Sport wheels in 18x10 all round. My little bro keeps freaking *himself* out by thinking that he's gonna crash the Skyline without appropriate tyre width.

I must say it's awesome modding two cars at once. Theres always something happening and having the two ready in time for Autosalon Perth at our TKO/K's Garage stall will be the final goal.

When i use to own my R33 (RB25) I asked about the d-jetro version for the rb25 i got told they never made one, which would explain why I'd never seen one. How did you find one?

When i use to own my R33 (RB25) I asked about the d-jetro version for the rb25 i got told they never made one, which would explain why I'd never seen one. How did you find one?

We didn't... I thought there may have been a few 'special D-Jetros' floating around for the RB25 but theres none. Just ended up running the Z32 air flow.

Anyway, the Skyline ended up running 277.7hp @ 9psi. This is on Hyperdrive's dyno which "reads lower than everyone else, we don't know why" according to them. It's good I think because we won't get any nasty suprises if we do a run somewhere else. The T300 (non BB) is far from it's sweet spot but it makes peak power at rev limit with a very linear power curve (well it isn't a curve, it's more like a 45 degree angle straight upwards). We were pretty disappointed because the Trust wastegate we bought was supposed to have a 1.0 bar spring in it... but we got this 9psi thing instead. So in a few weeks the car will be back on the dyno again getting tuned. Roughly we should get around 320 - 330hp.

Here are some pics of the Skyline:

90002.jpg

90003.jpg

90001.jpg

Theres alot more stuff to come for this car.

We didn't... I thought there may have been a few 'special D-Jetros' floating around for the RB25 but theres none. Just ended up running the Z32 air flow.

Anyway, the Skyline ended up running 277.7hp @ 9psi. This is on Hyperdrive's dyno which "reads lower than everyone else, we don't know why" according to them. It's good I think because we won't get any nasty suprises if we do a run somewhere else. The T300 (non BB) is far from it's sweet spot but it makes peak power at rev limit with a very linear power curve (well it isn't a curve, it's more like a 45 degree angle straight upwards). We were pretty disappointed because the Trust wastegate we bought was supposed to have a 1.0 bar spring in it... but we got this 9psi thing instead. So in a few weeks the car will be back on the dyno again getting tuned. Roughly we should get around 320 - 330hp.

Here are some pics of the Skyline:

90002.jpg

90003.jpg

90001.jpg

Theres alot more stuff to come for this car.

looks good rezz when are you painting her? what else do you have planned for her?

• 2 weeks later...
how much were those front vented guards

and did much work needed to be done to them?

They were about $220 for the pair. No work had to be done to them, I fitted them myself (and my friend help with the drivers side one). I got them in Japan and fitted them there before the car was shipped over.

If by work you mean positioning and fiting, well there was none, just whacked em on first try.

See, thats the problem with cheap and nasty kits made and sold in Australia... they are substandard, it's like fiberglassing is in the dark ages still. My guards on my Silvia are the biggest pieces of shit I've ever laid my eyes on (from the so-called 'Best bodykit maker in Perth') and he still charged $550 for them. When I asked what he thought of the R32 aero guards he said 'well they're original Japanese guards and you probably paid a bomb for them..' No... I paid a bomb for your shitty ones.

I'll post up pcs of the Silvia tomorrow - she's all painted :P and I'll show you the guards up close... it's embarrassing. PM me if you want to know who the supplier was :D

pics

My apologies good fellow :)

silvia777.jpg

silvia7.jpg

silvia77.jpg

silvia7777.jpg

Ok first of all, the black bonnet and boot lid. We weren't going to paint them at all originally (just leave them white) but the guy doing the spray painting said it was no trouble spraying them black while he had the gun out for the mirrors, grille etc. I personally don't like black painted bonnets it kinda looks try hard carbon ya know? ;) lol.

Anyway, the paint color (Mitsu 380 monlten red) it awesome IMO, totally goes against all the kermit greens, yellows, pinks etc that you see every other S13 in. Also, in the sunlight the 380 Red has this wicked gold flake... a factory color btw. In the shade though it just looks like a wine red, it's really unassuming.

The 19 inch Starcorp Impuls got sold to a VERY enthusiastic bloke who introduced himself as 'Paul the Maori'. Paul had a BA XR6 Turbo, and the wheels looked the goods on it. I wanted to sell because the 19s were just too big on the Silvia, it watered down the performance a bit... probably because they were so heavy and the rolling diameter was out by quite a margin.

My brother wants to sell his white Starcorp Impuls to any Perth people who are interested? $2000 the lot with the mandatory 15mm spacers to clear the front calipers (on R32 GTS-t Type M, maybe R33 GTS25t aswell).

Next on the list is carbon bonnet and boot, Racing Hart CP-S10s and interior bits and LEDs galore... in good taste of course :domokun: