SAU Community

Rez's R32 GTS-t Type M... presentable version!

Rezz

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets forget about the Skyline for a minute...

Remember my old girl in my sig? For those who don't know it *was* a 1988 Nissan Silvia Q's 5MT with a wheezy 1.8 CA18DE. It was quite humiliating watching Civics blast by at speeds which were... well let's be honest... out of reach of the CA18.

Now, it's got the RB20DET from my old R32. I can't explain the WEIRDNESS of driving a R32 GTS-t in Japan for well over a year, then buying another car, shipping the both to Australia, then taking the very familiar RB20DET then putting it into my new car... which I also drove in Japan for a few months. It's like the heart and soul of the R32 lives on in the Silvia.

Anyway, enough blabbing:

Jan2006076.jpg

Halfway point in the buildup...

Jan2006.jpg

Thats Mitsubishi 380 'Molten' red with gold flake in the engine bay, which the whole car will be sprayed in the beginning of February. I didn't try and catch the gold in the pics, it's just too hard. Theres still a Blitz BOV, strut tower bar, boost controller, GReddy intake manifold, low mount stailess exhaust manifold etc, etc, etc to go in yet.

Jan2006071.jpg

Probably the main reason why RB20's in S13's aren't such a good idea... cooling. But the power to weight ratio with 175kw and around 1100kg is too good to resist :mellow: The free RB20DET helped in the decision too :blink:

Jan2006064.jpg

Regamaster 17x8 and 17x9's were stolen from the R32 too - with the help of some 4 to 5 stud changers. 4 studs are quite frustrating if you want decent wheels and don't live in Japan...

Jan2006066.jpg

Some of you might notice the 'Made in China' intercooler and exhaust. This wasn't my choice, but the price we got these new components for was incredibly cheap - almost obscene... and when your brother is picking up the bill... well... you can't complain! Thank you China :blink:

Jan2006072.jpg

Jan2006074.jpg

Jan2006075.jpg

Some other bits that will go on in due time.

so is molten red the one on the Magna VRX or whatever they're called? you know the uber spec aussie ones?

also, looking at the rega's on the S13, they seem to be nicely offsetted. Does this mean S13 and R32 GTSt wheel offsets are the same, and the distance between the hub and the fender is also the same? or have you spaced it out?

so is molten red the one on the Magna VRX or whatever they're called? you know the uber spec aussie ones?

Yeah, it's called 'ES'. The guys who painted it here thought I was on drugs when I told them the paint code (because it's so new). They got the paint sample flip thingy and tried to tell me it was Magna super Red or something... which it wasn't.

also, looking at the rega's on the S13, they seem to be nicely offsetted. Does this mean S13 and R32 GTSt wheel offsets are the same, and the distance between the hub and the fender is also the same? or have you spaced it out?

No, the offsets between R32 and S13 are different, but not by much. Actually, the S13 now has 15mm 4-5 stud changers on the front, and 10mm 4-5 stud changers on the back. So thats 10 - 15mm on top of the +30 - 35mm offset of the wheels. There are no guard issues whatsoever, but I've had one or 2 guys already say that I should - get this - SINK THE WHEELS BACK INTO THE GUARDS. Nope.

Anyway, 19x9.5 STARCORP IMPULS are going on this week (supplied by MAR55S - cheers mate :lol: ) ready for some guard pumping and aero front fenders.

man i prefer the rasta man wheels that are on there to the starcorps. keep the rasta!

car looks good. i still love the two tone white/gold silvias. maybe i am a cardigan wearer at heart. :(

There are no guard issues whatsoever, but I've had one or 2 guys already say that I should - get this - SINK THE WHEELS BACK INTO THE GUARDS. Nope.

lol, would these be the same kind of people who suggest chrome would look better? :rofl:

So you are doing some wild offset, fender rolling etc JDM style!

What ECU are you running with?

For the moment I'll be running the stock ECU, but an HKS F-Con V will be in sometime this year I hope...

Hey Rezz, RB20 looks great in there - coming along well. Who are you thinking of getting to tune the HKS FCON?

If all goes well, my good friend Akihiro and his family will come down from Japan sometime this year, and as he can get wholesale on HKS stuff (and just happens to be a certified HKS F-Con tuner for SuperAutobacs 171 Nishikoya) so I'll make sure an F-Con is in his suitcase before he comes. He used to post up here in the Japan forum from time to time... あきひろ さん!もしこの会話をよんだら、ここになんかメセージして下さい。 :(

hey rezz,

do you know how long he will be staying for cause soon im going to buy an F-con but realised that no one in perth can tune them. He wouldnt beable to tune a couple of other cars would he?

If all goes well, my good friend Akihiro and his family will come down from Japan sometime this year, and as he can get wholesale on HKS stuff (and just happens to be a certified HKS F-Con tuner for SuperAutobacs 171 Nishikoya) so I'll make sure an F-Con is in his suitcase before he comes. He used to post up here in the Japan forum from time to time... あきひろ さん!もしこの会話をよんだら、ここになんかメセージして下さい。 :(

Nice work Rezz, on both cars!

I love the way the Rega's look on the Silvia, they're just as good looking on that as they were on the '32. And the offset is perfect on the S-13 as well, which just adds to it!

If you were here in Sydney I would have suggested you keep the Rega rims on the R32 and get another set for the S13, but having had a keen interest in your old Japan threads, and also trusting your taste in things automotive (which I've found is quite similar to mine), then I'm guessing the Silvia will look the goods with the Starcorps as well.

BTW, is the Porsche "turbo" badge going back on the R32 when it's been painted?

Hmmm, maybe it's time I head across to Perth for another holiday sometime soon...

Cheers,

Nick T.

Butler: I don't really know when he's coming... even he doesn't know. I don't wanna spoil his holiday by asking him to work when he's here either... but you never know, he might offer to help out (?)

Nick T: Thanks muchly for the props mate :P but the Rega's have to go... with the new paint and carbon bits (oops...) the Rega's will look kinda 'not shiny new' if you know what I mean...?

This next post is dedicated to all yo Sydneyside Impul haterz...

:lol:

zzz1177001.jpg

Streched more than King Kong's love glove... 225/35/19 on 9.5"

zzz1177005.jpg

Guard issues? ...nay...

zzz1177004.jpg

Suspension issues? ...f*ck yes. The front coilover helper springs are contacting the rim. A 20mm 4 to 5 changer is on it's way. The 15mm changers will go on the back to keep the front/rear track remotely similar :D

zzz1177003.jpg

I was clicking my heels together Russian Cossack style when I saw that I didn't need to pump any guards. Just a little guard rolling will sort everything out nicely... AS WELL AS A PROPER SLAMMING.

zzz1177006.jpg

zzz1177007.jpg

In 'street' context the whole thing actually looks legitimate... but just wait till the ride height is sorted and the kit is on end of next week...

If all goes well, my good friend Akihiro and his family will come down from Japan sometime this year, and as he can get wholesale on HKS stuff (and just happens to be a certified HKS F-Con tuner for SuperAutobacs 171 Nishikoya) so I'll make sure an F-Con is in his suitcase before he comes. He used to post up here in the Japan forum from time to time... あきひろ さん!もしこの会話をよんだら、ここになんかメセージして下さい。 ;)

Hi Rezz!I read this today.Thanks! but maybe I don't go to Australia for a while. no good for me.Because, I think that work of Troy is extended. Moreover, do you consider tuned by F-con V? Although I am possible for the setup of Sabcon(F-con S), the setting of V cannot be performed yet.BTW Are there any setting tools, such as Dino, A/F, and knock ampl, in the store there?