SAU Community

shift lights

Sir R33

If thats the one with 4 or 5 LEDs then its ok though for that money you could get a autometer bulb type with chips (to set what revs it goes off) and it will be bright enough to light the cabin up and let you know its time to change gears.

Just dont be a fool and set it at 3k like someone i know that has a MINES gts.:uh-huh:

Ash.

http://autometer.com

The Isotta one is real nice. You need an aftermarket steering wheel though as i tgoes between the boss and steering wheel.

Personally I don't like progressive shift lights. I know when I need to shift, that is just before the red line. If i had the time to look to see what light i was up to see if i needed to shift yet, I may as well have just looked at the tacho.

How much is the pencil type shift light from autometer? And from where can I get one?

same here dude... you only need one light to light up which tells you to change now!

Originally posted by NIZ30

Personally I don't like progressive shift lights. I know when I need to shift, that is just before the red line. If i had the time to look to see what light i was up to see if i needed to shift yet, I may as well have just looked at the tacho.

How much is the pencil type shift light from autometer? And from where can I get one?

Originally posted by GTR-80Y

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! ure all wrong!!!! u need as many lights as possible!!!!! With the cig lighter ones, u need to recalibrate them when u turn things like neons on etc as they can suck voltage or current or wateva it is.  

eres mine!  

http://forums.skylinesaustralia.com/attach...s=&postid=73141

I used 1 of those 1'c before, and will never again.

I got a Pivot Shift Light which works off the cigarette lighter aswell but much more accurately, will post pics when i get home.

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

Where did you pick up the Pivot light from?

i got mine through the melbourne Apexi dealer for a really good price coz my friend ordered a bunch of axepi stuff from him.

Same guy doesent work for apexi anymore, but u can source em out at certain Autobarns. or shops like evo-r, jetspeed

Autometer all the way baybe.

BTW NIZ30 for a pencil shift light u need 2 components

"5310

RPM Activated Module

This electric module allows the RPM “Pills” to be used for triggering Shift-Lites. For 4, 6, or 8, cyl., std. electronic ignitions, 12-16 volts. 1 amp max."

5310.jpg

and the shift light itself

"5331

Quick-Lite Shift-Lite (silver)

Includes plug for easy connection to tach or 5310 module."

5330.jpg

This is what i use in my car.

Around 700$ with tacho.

Best setup u can get for a performance street car.

6858_large.jpg

Thanks for that GTR King. Didn't know there were two sections to this light. Still not sure where to get one though.

As for the monster tacho.... My car has a perfectly good tacho, I can't see the point (besides wank value). Of course, if your car doesn't have one as standard, it's a must.

Well to be honest i didnt buy it for the "Wank Value"

As i Drag race my car and need consistant times and for that u need the best equipment. As for buying a shift light u could order them from almost and speed shop. If u do decide to get one make sure u get the right shift light chip eg 6500 rpm as it is not variable via a dial. U need the chip to light it at the desired revs u want. As u can see buy the tacho i got it has a pencil light shift light and believe me they r bright. Also comes with a coloured cap to put over end for night use so it dont blind u. The one i have will easly light up my whole interior like a UFO. They r brilliant design. I wouldnt settle for anything else. Well thats my opinon.

Thes light are great as well but a bit bulky and dont look as neat as a pencil light. Your choice but.

5340_large.jpg