SAU Community

Re Anti Hoon Again

MarkR33

Hi guys , sorry to create another post about anti hoon laws

rather than put my side of the story down , i thought I would create this thread as a form of an action plan

its totally up to you guys what you do with it , but this is the really only way we can change this law is through enough people complaining about it , here is a list

As for the next action , well a petition sounds good , might be a bit hard to pass around though , maybe at a cruise id ont know , but in order for a petition to really be noticed it needs 10000 plus signatures , they may look at one even with 100 on it but , 10k should be the target

other political parties may be willing to water down the law , small steps is the key . Email is largely ignored so try not to use swear words or abuse or it will most likely get deleted , also send to only a few mp's at a time as if you send to them all it will probably pick you up as spam and delete it. ill keep thinking of ideas any other suggestions ,

EVERY STATE GOVERNMENT IS LABOR , EVERY STUPID LAW LIKE THIS HAS BEEN INTRODUCED BY THE LABOR PARTY , THE LABOR PARTY IS INCOMPETENT AND DESERVES TO BE WASHED OUT AT THE NEXT ELECTION

Current Sitting ALP members on WA parliament , ministers and back benchers included

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

To get laws passed through parliament, petitions ain't gonna do it. You'd have far more luck if we got 10,000 people protesting through St Georges TCE and getting news coverage about it.

The other way is to find lobbyists, these guys influence politicians as to which topics to bring up and push harder through parliament sitting time, but heck nows how to find these guys.

I;d still prefer to have a labour government here cause the liberals were incompitent money wasting bastards especially richard court. We just need to get of 2 ministers who have no idea what reality is and to stop making up crap based on their assumptions.

Well you could always take a lead from the French lorry drivers and farmers! How about a drive through St George's Terrace? Or maybe a go slow on the freeway at peak hour! Make up your minds what you want, you can do all sorts of things. But the article in the local rag about Reprazent was really good. Showed the import driver in a good light. Well done to her!

As I have said before, this is bad law. A constant flow of critical articles, letters, emails, whatever, will get there. You don't reverse laws quickly, no matter how bad. Whether you like it or not, the State Liberals might turn out to be your friends in all this. Get working on them!

Cheers. :D

I dont think we need to start a politiacl debate but, if Labour gets in federally the Anit-hoon laws wont matter because none of us could afford to have these cars, because the interest rates on the loan will be back over $20

Woo hold up there buddy, you got a good loan if your interest rate is only 20 dollars.

Im pretty sure people could afford cars before the liberal govt came in, dont quote me though im not that sure.

I wont get into the economics of interest rates, but what you said, makes very little sense :bs!:

Woo hold up there buddy, you got a good loan if your interest rate is only 20 dollars.  

Im pretty sure people could afford cars before the liberal govt came in, dont quote me though im not that sure.

I wont get into the economics of interest rates, but what you said, makes very little sense  :bs!:

Mmmm, in all the time Johnny has been PM, we haven't had a recession, despite the world economic downturn and Asian crisis. It's been prosperous times. Have got a good memory and don't particularly want to have another recession we have to have, or record unemployment or record inflation. Interest rates are generally a world thing although under that idiot Keating, we did have it higher than we should have had, because he didn't know how to control a run away economy.

State Labor has done a wonderful job in upping stamp duty on just about everything they could, including our "lines".

Slightly off topic, I know. :) but Labor, both state and especially federal have always ph-cked up economically.

Idiot keating? Like the microeconomic reform which was started in the late 80s early 90s labour govt, which is part of the reason our economy has been so resiliant. See liberal govt see their only job as keeping the economy good where as the labour govt is a little bit more wholistic. Can you tell me which policies the libs have brought in which have kept our economy brewing? Was it the fu(king up of hecs, or perhaps their old growth forrest logging policies?

Idiot keating? Like the microeconomic reform which was started in the late 80s early 90s labour govt, which is part of the reason our economy has been so resiliant. See liberal govt see their only job as keeping the economy good where as the labour govt is a little bit more wholistic. Can you tell me which policies the libs have brought in which have kept our economy brewing? Was it the fu(king up of hecs, or perhaps their old growth forrest logging policies?

micro-economic reform? I guess thats why they ended up 90 billion in the red.

Resilient? certainly worked for Labor didn't it.

HECS? shouldn't you have to pay your own way in life, I've had to.

Old growth forrest? Tas Labor doing a good job on those issues.

"...where as the labour govt is a little bit more wholistic." unfortunately that approach will always keep you in debt and if you are always in debt, more and more money needed to pay interest off debt. meaning less and less money available for all kinds of other things. Eventually not even enough money for essential things. And who pays for it all? Give you one guess. Certainly not politicians.

No different to running a business, spend more than you have and you will eventually go broke.

I wont get into the economics of interest rates, but what you said, makes very little sense  :bs!:

No :bs!: 20% interest rates actually happend under Labour.

People could afford cars yes, dont be a smart arse. But with a lower interset rate you car afford a better one :D

hmmm i do have to agree with Riaz i think they are in to stay - we are just hoping that they might be something that will slowly get forgotten about.

They are in to stay in Queensland. This is the thread i started a while back in QLD to see how it effects them: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...light=hoon+laws

micro-economic reform? I guess thats why they ended up 90 billion in the red.

Resilient? certainly worked for Labor didn't it.

HECS? shouldn't you have to pay your own way in life, I've had to.

Old growth forrest? Tas Labor doing a good job on those issues.

"...where as the labour govt is a little bit more wholistic." unfortunately that approach will always keep you in debt and if you are always in debt, more and more money needed to pay interest off debt. meaning less and less money available for all kinds of other things. Eventually not even enough money for essential things. And who pays for it all? Give you one guess. Certainly not politicians.  

No different to running a business, spend more than you have and you will eventually go broke.

what does microeconomic reform have to do with national debt? I think the liberal party could should start sending young libs around to SAUWA cruises, would sign up a fair few people.

wow you guys are great... who cares who is in power... do you really think either one is gonna abolish the anti hoon laws... they are in baby... everyone dust off your bicycles..

Was just having a little political debate. Nothing to do with the hoon law.

Yes I agree that it is in to stay. You will probably find that the heat will be on until they round up all the trouble makers and then it will all die down, although that law will always be at their disposal.

Probably won't be required later on when hydrogen/electric cars become the norm.