SAU Community

Drag racing suspected in crash deaths-StKilda

Let Me Drive

apache... put it this way...i'm sure you can own an automatic gun and use it responsibly, just because theres a few that go around killing other people with em, should it be illegal to let everyone own a gun?

Laws are made on stereotypes and averages... its called a democracy.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they said on the news today that it was a GTR :bs!:

if anyone hasn't seen the vicroads list of restricted cars for p platers go here and look at the pdf file at the bottom. note that the R33 GTS-T isn't on there so they had to label the car on the news as a GTR :confused:

Was reading an article in MX paper tonight.

Sxxxxxx Kxxxx appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court charged with two counts of culpable driving over the crash on Dandenong Rd, Windsor, last Tuesday.

2 died in the accident after a Nissan SKyline allegedly driven by Kxxxx hit a power pole. Two other men in the Skyline were injured and taken to Alfred hospital.

Magistrate Robert Tuppen ordered Kxxxxx to reappear at the court in January.

i've abridged it a little, but how many people were in the car? 2 + 2 + driver? might also mention no mention of drag racing in article. is this thread a non issue?

just want to let everyone here know that the 2 guys at the back who died, didnt die from the inital crash, but the tram power line pole which they hit collapsed and fell on top of the back crusing the back 2. doesnt make it any better but ye, sad to see. The kids went to my high school and lives a few blocks away. really sad. Also like to add that the driver of the car might be in a lot of trouble if he gets out of jail then if he goes in jail.

Aw by the way the driver was fine he was only in hopstial for a few days and the dude in the passangers seat didnt even get a cut.

Im also a bit shitty at some dickhead forget his name who wrote a article in the herald sun on high perf cars and drivers. I mean he had some good points but he really lacked facts. For eg: he claimed the car the skyline was a "NISSAN SKYLINE GTR" when it clearly wasnt. There is a huge diff between a GTR and a Gts-t. just fuelling the fire if you ask me.

I just found out at work today that the person driving the r33 use to work with me and he actually showed me his car way before the accident happened.

I remember the car perfectly...had the white mags,nismo sticker down the sideskirt,had blitz sprayed in black on the non blitz frontmount, tachos and stock r33 seats.

Me and my mates were joking around saying what if that was Sxxxx's car and it wasn't until today i find out that my mate saw his on the news lastnight covering himself from the media.

And he did have a bright future in front of him...pity it's all over now.

I thought you were better than that Sxxxx!

I met a guy this year - he was either late forty's or early fifties. I met him at Sandown.

Anyways.... he has an awesome car. A beautiful Bowell Nagari for those that know what they are. Not a turbo car but still a powerfull rwd car.

He has a sign on his dash board in big letters.

KEEP RIGHT FOOT CONNECTED TO BRAIN.

Its such a simple sentence. If more people had this sign and followed it's advise there'd be a lot less of these accidents.

Guest jimmyd17

lol bloody good idea... the government should pass legislation that all new cars manufactured come with that sentence engraved into the dashboard!

Hey guys,

after reading whole thread, i'd like to express my opnions about this whole thing.

1, The car that ended up in a pole is GTS-T not GT-R as stated in herald sun few days back.

2, i'm learner driver and about to get my Ps in few months, i've attended DECA learners course, i own 2,800 kg Nissan Patrol with RB30DET, it was fun having turbo boost...

3, Few months back, my brother had VT Commodore, fully stock like your common aussie cars that you see everywhere, everyday, crashed into pole, WHY? road camber (thats what the panelbeater said) and his car have skinny (7" wide) rims that he lost control trying to get through the roundabout...

4, He talked to me about his expriences (he's second year P-plater), he believes that wider rims and tyres could help with stablity (VT Commodores has way too much negative camber angle from factory).

5, I think everyone has right to buy the car they want, not to let the rules stop them, of course everyone need some time to familarise the car they are driving...

6, I may has little exprience but, this accident with Skyline the major factor is SPEEDING, correct me if i'm wrong but this is my opnion anyway.

7, After the accident, i was dying to know about what car is allowed or banned under Victoria's power to weight rule so i managed to get the list from Vic Roads website i was surprised that only two Nissans were list as banned vehicles for Ps which are

Nissan SKYLINE GTR Coupe 2568 2.568 206

Nissan Z33 (Coupe) 350z Convertible 3498 3.498 206...

8, The cop haven't said much about this accident and we don't really know if it is really a drag race or just a simple mistake with accelerator pedal...

9, At this point when Bracksie said something about mandoratory driver training for pre P-platers, who'll fund it? how will they spread the message?

10, My dad used to say this, cars are dangerous do not do anything stupid with these things you could end up in grave or behind the cells.

So, these are my opnions... and my sympathies goes to the families of these who died in this accident. So i'm not saying P-platers shouldn't drive High Performance cars they could sign up for advanced driving course to know the root of the car.

Cheers