SAU Community

R33 Skyline or RZ TT 6 spd. Supra ?

nismo33

Hi there..

Has anyone on this site has ever owned a Twin Turbo Supra ? because i have been thinking...i own a late 94 GTST R33 and been thinking of selling it for a 6spd. Twin Turbo Supra.

I wanna know is.. should i keep the line... or get the supra ? i know this is a Skyline site..but i just wanna get some personal opinion from you guys..especially for those who has driven the supra.

Would you be able to compare performance ? aside from the weight difference and the looks...i wanna know how it handles coz i have never been into one.

Thank you guys.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can afford it, go the supra.

even hard torque all thru the rev range, bulletproof performance. the jz engine is tops.

handling, suprisingly good, the bilsteins in the RZ are tops. you can feel the weight on turning, but simple rigidity mods such as strut bars etc keep the poopra pointing sharp.

i recently sold my r33 for a tt 6spd supra and its a whole new ball game....believe me!!

i really have respect for the r33 and believe its the best bang for your buck spending less than $20k, but the supra absolutely annihilates a gtst in all aspects. Interior, exterior, handling and performance wise. The mechanical grip is really really noticeable and you feel in control of the car at all times round corners.

had a RZ 6 spd and sold it when i got the GTR they are very different in every way but i went for the GTR because of the 4 wheel drive. The supra had a lot of trouble putting the power to the ground and parts are hard to get and twice the price of a skyline.

Interior

I like the Exterior of a supra when it has a aftermarket bodykit, stock looks shit as. As for the Interior, damn a 1980's car has a nicer interior, dont know just sat inside a supra and didnt like it. You feel like your sitting in an old car...

But everyfin else i like :D . Wats not to like, expecially when Toyota ripped of the exterior design of the supra from Ferrari.

Hi man,

I had an R33 GTR, and upgraded to supra as I was spending to much on the GTR (gear box almost dead), supra has the works, line them both up at eastern creeck modded to the max without touching the internal on none of the cars, I can asure u that the supra would win providing u running a good set of comp t/a's.

Supra comes with standard Getrag gear box, and what can we say about the engine. U have alot of potential on the soops.

As for the Interior, damn a 1980's car has a nicer interior, dont know just sat inside a supra and didnt like it. You feel like your sitting in an old car...

But everyfin else i like :D .

omg did i just read that correctly. i would have to say that the ****pit stlye supra interior is the best interior to be let out of japan.

im thinking u feel sour coz u sat in the passenger seat and didn't get to see any of the cluster or dials coz it wraps around the driver. :D hehe... i absolutely love giving nothing to passengers, i even lock up the glove box.

if feels like ur actually driving a car, sitting in it rather than on it.

whats not to like about it the interior, stock its beautiful and just divine with gauges, blue led a/c controls, chrome bezel dials, reverse EL and a dvd screen for the passenger.

sif this could be outdated...

DashComplete.JPG

If you compare a stock r33 GT-R to a Stock Twin turbo supra the GT-R's 1/4 mile is almost 1 second faster than the Supras. go AWD :D

Oh and i got video's of it, and not once does the supra win...

okay oaky a few more interiors, heres the blue LED's... mMMM

dashatnight.JPG

and yeap, i gotta admit the rear seat interior is poor due to the space, but the stanard rear leather seats are nice and buckety... but still pointless due to the 2mm of legroom... i keep my rear seats down at all times to accommodate for dvd, amp and md stacker... hehehehe... like so...

152-5261_IMG.jpg

coco69: I think your over-doing the posting -- 7 posts out of 14!

The GTS-t vs RZ comparison is not a fair one: different animals, different price points. There is no doubt an RZ would be a performance upgrade over a GTS-t; it would also be a substantial cost upgrade (purchase price, parts, insurance, blah).

If you can afford an RZ I would also check out the more direct competitor (ie. a GT-R). Either way, great cars.

Oh, and I had a look at a Supra when I was car hunting. Sat in the drivers seated and hated the interior layout; just a personal preference :D

LW.

I like the Exterior of a supra when it has a aftermarket bodykit, stock looks shit as. As for the Interior, damn a 1980's car has a nicer interior, dont know just sat inside a supra and didnt like it. You feel like your sitting in an old car...

Couldn't disagree with you more.

im thinking u feel sour coz u sat in the passenger seat and didn't get to see any of the cluster or dials coz it wraps around the driver

I'm with coco on this one, you must have been sitting on the passanger side.

Even though I like the r33 interior fo its simplicity, I find its a little too placid. The supra is much more detailed and unique with lower seating position. You really feel your in a sports car unlike r33's.

Nevertheless, as lwells said, you really can't make a comparison with these two cars. You should be considering a gtr too. Good luck mate

omg supra's are so shyttttttt.....to sit in...espcially in the passenger....i feel like im squatting in it wen im in my friends car......

I had a drive in it a few times, and i duno why..i dun feel comfortable driving it...i prefer the R33..its way more comfortable to sit in and being a daily driver as well...

maybe im jus use to my r33...but den again........my impression of supra's has gone down the drain since my friend bought the supra..........i get cramps from sittin in the passenger side or the back for 2 long..

krzysiu, Get your facts right mate, HPI also did a comparo between the two cars, mind you the GTR had an exhaust system, the supra stock as, Gtr 13.5 in the quarter, Supra 13.7, so I believe what I read from an article/comparo done on the two cars stock (mind you the GTR had the exhaust system), and who now days drives a stock car anyway.

krzysiu, Get your facts right mate, HPI also did a comparo between the two cars, mind you the GTR had an exhaust system, the supra stock as, Gtr 13.5 in the quarter, Supra 13.7, so I believe what I read from an article/comparo done on the two cars stock (mind you the GTR had the exhaust system), and who now days drives a stock car anyway.

13.5 appears to be less than 13.7. Anyway it's all up to the drivers. The supra driver has a harder job putting the power down to the rears so the GTR driver always has an advantage.

Stock for stock the GTR should beat the supra and i have seen a few videos that agree with me.

Supras are definately a performance package more solid than the R33 GTS25t, and definately comparable in ways to a GT-R - I've been in a couple of mildly modded ones and they go like stink, the 2JZ being strong enough to handle a lot more as well.

However, I can't (personally) stand the styling of them and don't like the extra weight - I'd spend the difference on building an RB30 bottom end for an R33 GTS25t and making that much like a 2JZGTE (I think similar bore/stroke?), but in a car 100kg lighter, more space and is just a car I like more.