SAU Community

R33 GTS 511rwhp-Stock injectors DYNO

magic1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dyno graph shows 438.7 rwhp at 162 kph, that's around 5,800 rpm in 4th assuming standard gearing and tyre diameter.

No air filter I notice, or ducting for it. I don't think I would be driving that around the sand blown streets of Perth, or the soot laden streets of Sydney/Melbourne either.

:)

Not me, 310 rwhp = 231 rwk, best I can get is 225 rwkw.:)

Yes well 230rwkw is the most i can get with these injectors... They said that my fuel flow was good but pressure drops.. said i might have to hook my fuel pump up to constant power with relay.. does that mean anything to you Sydkid ??

It did make 240rwkw but it was knocking too much.. need to fix the fuel issue before i go chasing more power.

Yes well 230rwkw is the most i can get with these injectors...  They said that my fuel flow was good but pressure drops..  said i might have to hook my fuel pump up to constant power with relay..  does that mean anything to you Sydkid ??

It did make 240rwkw but it was knocking too much..  need to fix the fuel issue before i go chasing more power.

Yep, makes sense, the standard wiring is too small and can't handle the current that a large fuel pumps draws. I use the standard wiring to switch the relay and supply it with solid power straight from the battery. I use a 30 amp fuse at the battery to protect from busted wiring, that's what an 044 needs anyway.

Be careful with the standard fuel hoses, clamps and pipes as they are not designed for 50 psi.

:)

The thing that confuses me is how you get so much power out of such a turbo.

I had the same turbo as magic1 (Gt30 .82 rear), Stock head, stock injectors (hi flowed to make 420rwhp) and this was my power curve.

The 1st pic is the re-tune with new engine. 2nd pic is of the old engine with the tune. As you can see we had to run such hi boost to achieve that power level. I dont know why but i believe it may to with the turbo and stock cams.

Then i see the figures steve sst makes with stock head or less boost.

My dyno was not in shoot out mode not sure if it will make a big difference how ever.

Could some one explain why or how steve sst can make so much power from these turbos??

I dont think it could be the difference in the computer (i used microtech).

My whinge.

I guess it comes back to the turbo - I'm getting 330rwkw at 21PSI - Boost drops from 25 PSI (at 4000rpm) to 21 PSI. (at 6000 RPM) If I run 21 PSI base boost, I get same power - no boost drop.

What my thinking was, that if I increase boost to the 25 PSI, I will see more power - but there must be some other restriciton - can could be Exhaust, W/G, Turbo, etc.

Am running trust Type R Ex. W/G (45mm, 18 PSI spring pressure) and Turbosmart E-Boost - that's a pretty good combo.

I guess it comes back to the turbo - I'm getting 330rwkw at 21PSI - Boost drops from 25 PSI (at 4000rpm) to 21 PSI. (at 6000 RPM) If I run 21 PSI base boost, I get same power - no boost drop.  

What my thinking was, that if I increase boost to the 25 PSI, I will see more power - but there must be some other restriciton - can could be Exhaust, W/G, Turbo, etc.

Am running trust Type R Ex. W/G (45mm, 18 PSI spring pressure) and Turbosmart E-Boost - that's a pretty good combo.

Have you tried dropping the exhaust? That will tell you if that's the problem. The next test is boost before and after the intercooler. If the there is a restriction there it will cause the symptoms you have described. You may also need to measure the restriction in the turbine, it may be getting so high that it matches the boost coming in. And then there is the airfilter question.:)

Have you tried dropping the exhaust?  That will tell you if that's the problem.  The next test is boost before and after the intercooler.   If the there is a restriction there it will cause the symptoms you have described.  You may also need to measure the restriction in the turbine, it may be getting so high that it matches the boost coming in.  And then there is the airfilter question.:D

Also,

Do you have a blow off valve that could be leaking boost ??

Ok.... I was scrolling though the forum as usual and I found this post by Magic1 a while ago.

That thing that really caught my eye was the "Bigger then factory" are they really running stock injectors? So the question remains....

magic1

Name: tristan

Car(s): R33 GTST

Trader Rating: (0)

Bigger RB25det injectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for 6 clean RB25DET injectors, bigger than factory. Anyone got any? Please PM me.

Regards

Tristan

511rwhp - Much more than GTS-t VSPEC

Just trying to keep it between the ditches

http://dynamic-www.skylinesaustralia.com/f...=rb25+injectors