SAU Community

R33 GTS 511rwhp-Stock injectors DYNO

magic1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice effort Tristan, for a street car that's more than enough power - especially in a 2WD.

That dyno mpg shows a few things which have been a source of questions though. I can recall Paul or Steve saying that the reason why intake temps are so high on their dyno is due to the fact they run it with the bonnet shut. That run clearly shows the bonnet open, and if you look on the dyno sheet it shows the intake temp up at 63 degrees.

To the best of my understanding, all dyno's record an uncorrected level of torque, then reference that to RPM and calculate power. After that primary calc is done it then factors in the correction, which is based on humidity, temperature and altitude. I know that's a basic rundown of the whole she-bang but for the sake of this arguement it will do.

If you run those weather conditions through a dyno correction calculation it actually multiples the amount of power recorded, mainly due to the extremely high intake temps. Hang on will do the math and post the actual correction factor.

So just a quick question - where is the intake temp probe situated?

Don't be hasty and think I'm having a go at the car, it's owner, the workshop, your pet etc. I'm more interested in the correct way to extrapolate consistent data from a dyno, moreso than what is currently being shown.

Attachment of the graph: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/at...achmentid=25240

LOL...for gods sake you are in a workshop...take the tie off:) i flinched when i thought you were about to lean over the engine bay, i have weak nerves so pls dont lean over a running engine with your tie on :)

Seems to come onto boost nice and hard....what boost was the thing running?

LOL...for gods sake you are in a workshop...take the tie off:)  i flinched when i thought you were about to lean over the engine bay, i have weak nerves so pls dont lean over a running engine with your tie on :)

Seems to come onto boost nice and hard....what boost was the thing running?

I too cringed like a little girl when i saw dude in tie lean over the engine bay!!

I'm over the whole scene of this 511 hp stock injectors car cr*p. Until someone post up a mph that reflects the representation of the claimed hp. So until then it's still a claimed effort , and i'm claiming mine to have 900hp atw, and i'll post the dyno sheet tonight, But don't hold your breath on that one either.

hungry6 your a tosser. In the other thread tristan said that the 511 was an overinflated figure. If you watched the video, youd see it shows 438rwhp, which is the CORRECT figure. And yes on STOCK injectors. So take you 900rwhp dream machine and fly elsewhere, when you actually have a car worth posting about, then dish out on others...

tosser

josh

Doughboy. the air probe is right in front of the compressor housing, my air filter is causing a minor restriction so i took it off before the dyno run.

Roy. Peak power the turbo is running 18psi

sorry dave wont wear a tie next time.

Crack. about 6500rpm to get that figure

Hungry6. . <- you

D1 RX7. nice bit of chop dished there.

r31nismoid. you dont have to pump the clutch to get it to break traction, your coming to perth, you can have a drive.

tristan

']hungry6 your a tosser. In the other thread tristan said that the 511 was an overinflated figure. If you watched the video, youd see it shows 438rwhp, which is the CORRECT figure. And yes on STOCK injectors. So take you 900rwhp dream machine and fly elsewhere, when you actually have a car worth posting about, then dish out on others...

tosser

josh

Then why did he topic this thread with 511 rwhp?

There is only one tosser here and it aint hungry6

Prolly shootout mode which is made to compensate for inconsistensies on the day of the dyno run.Correct me if i am wrong.

You are wrong.

The 511hp was made at Perth Auto Salon using a hub dyno.

Autosalon figures should be taken with a large grain of salt, cuz in the end, their only purpose is to put on a show.

The 438hp was on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode. Which is a fairer representation of the cars true power. Since Dyno Dynamics dynos are widely used when comparing HP figures.

The first thread said 511rwhp on stock injectors, people questioned the figure and wanted to know how it could be done on stock injectors.

It was then acknowledged by the workshop in question that 511rwhp was a BS figure and the cars true power was ~450hp, which has been shown on the recent dyno.

This whole debarcle is over a big HP figure being made on stock injectors, people questioning how it can be done on stock injectors and other people not telling how it was made.

I'm just here to enjoy the resulting show :)

Like i said if it didn't make the 511rwhp then why the heading 511rwhp?

my claims are exactly the same as the author of this thread, and both claims belongs in the BULLSH*T basket.