SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

RBN1

Spoke to the importer/mechanic taking care of my 32. Engine is finally ready to be started tomorrow - will be paying it a visit. Fingers crossed all goes well as it has been sitting around for a while. Will be using a PFC to run it for the check up, but more than likely get an Autronic plug in. One good thing I can say is that the turbo's are brand spankers and still have the yellow markings on the compressor wheels :mad:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My R32 GT-R has a fined diff.  I think its the standard enclosure for 32s.

LW.

yeah, it seems that way. people had always told me that 32s had a non finned cover and 32 V-specs had a finned cover. recent experience tells me that that is bullshit.

Spoke to the importer/mechanic taking care of my 32. Engine is finally ready to be started tomorrow - will be paying it a visit. Fingers crossed all goes well as it has been sitting around for a while. Will be using a PFC to run it for the check up, but more than likely get an Autronic plug in. One good thing I can say is that the turbo's are brand spankers and still have the yellow markings on the compressor wheels ;)

All fingers and toes crossed! It must be a good feeling to have the car ready to start, no doubt. Any time I come close to being cut about the patience required, I take a mo to remember those that have gone through worse, especially you dude. I'm excited for you, I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes tomorrow.

And for those interested, ATTESSA is sorted! The perished hose was long enough to have the cracked end trimmed off and then refitted! Suhweeeet! Apparently the busted hose was right above the rear diff and a pita to get to.

Test drive went well, but then ABS and 4WD light came back on when the car came back to the workshop... Argh! After a lot of fault-finding, a trip to JustJap and $250 later, a used G-sensor replaced my one that was cactus. So :D to Chris at SSPI for getting it sorted so damn quickly, great work!

The car is likely to be ready to be registered this weekend. *sigh* just one final hurdle... the inevitable dickarounds at the RTA.

Mark

Richard: that is some list dude, nice ;)

I do believe someone said PICSORBAN. The pricks with the pics get all the hot (Skyline luvin) chicks :D Ph34r my mad rapping sk1llz!

While they may not be the same as a car, this little puppies have been on quite an adventure (which I won't bother repeating here). To give you an idea, I purchased them in May 2004 ;)

1. The stack.

TE37-Inside-Stack.jpg

Click to view full-sized image!

2. Taken inside, with flash, fast shutter.

TE37-Inside-Flash.jpg

3. Taken outside, with flash, fast shutter.

TE37-Outside-Flash.jpg

4. A closeup. Taken outside, no flash, ~20 second shutter.

TE37-Outside-Closeup-NoFlash.jpg

The colour is really hard to pick up, particularly since I got home at about 7:30PM, so had fading light. I tried to take a picture of the same wheel in various light conditions to give you an idea of the colour (click for the big pics to get a much better idea)...

In low light the wheels look almost black. In sunlight they have a darkish grey with really nice depth to it, and a metallic sparkle. Come this weekend I will get a chance to actually test them on the car proper. Given all the pain to get them here, I hope they look good (or else!)

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly inspect each wheel -- I am too buggered and its freakin hot tonight -- but from what I have seen they look to be in excellent condition, with only the most minor of scratches and gutter rash. Oh, and the tires (Bridgestone Potenza S-03s: 265/35Z/R18 Y93) on them look extremely new and -- much to my delight -- have a DOT rating so can be used (legally) on Aussie roads. Schweet.

LW.

nice work on the wheels mate.

I am so excited it's hard to focus on anything except getting my car on the road. at this stage it will be ready for rego next tuesday (but possibly earlier). going out of my skin waiting.

So far I'm havin the following done:

Full 15yo compliance, plus

injectors cleaned and flowed

timing belt replaced

cam gears replaced

timing belt cover replaced

full oil flush and then motul 300V chrono

inspect water pump and replace if needed

3inch high flow big body car :cry: (car came with no cat)

new clutch slave cylinder

So the thing should be nice when it's done. at the moment the hard part is waiting...

My car should be coming on Mitsui OSK from Kyushu (Kanda) to Fremantle. Does anyone know if this is still backlogged and also apparently fremantle only gets 1 ship a month. Does anyone know when Mitsu OSK departs (i know its some time late in february) and arrive in Fremantle?

Hey both our cars are on the same ship... If you want to chat on msn or icq send me a message. I am after much the same questions as yourself... Let me guess you car came from Mark Hocking?

Is yours Kline or Mitsui OSK ?  

Anyone know if the shipping scheduals are rigid or changing?

Btw, hope your car comes in good nick!  :P

Hey guys

Picked up my R on monday morning from the workshop, the only problem we found was one of the tension pulley things(not sure, there were 2 that we replaced) had siezed, so after $320 at nissan for 2 new ones, everything else is sweet.

Rough list of what I had done last week

Compliance

full service (all fluids flushed and replaced, DAMN there is alot of them)

All filters replaced

Injectors cleaned and flowed

Timing belt and tensioner pulleys replaced)

Sump baffles fitted

Mods fittied

A heap of stuff, the motor came out for the baffles to be put in so it cost more labour there, but saved on labour elsewhere like the timing belt, front pipe and luckily we found the pulley problem while it was out. :P

Mark

(PS did advanced driver training on monday at oran park, FUN!!!!)

The Galant VR4 that I bought in SEPT last year finally his Aus soil on Saturday. 5 Frikkin Months and then there will be all the crap of compliance etc.

By the way. Anyone recommend a compliance workshop for 15yo in Brisbane?

The car has been given a bit of a hit at oran park on monday. goes well, handles so much better then I thought.

all the suspension on it would help, brakes didn't let me down one bit either, and i was hard on them. for anybody who got those maltech hoses, worth the cost!

I found this on the hicas controller last night, interesting..

http://w1.igateway.com/clients1/tc/store/w...gifunction=form