SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

hey all just in the middle of my rb20det build, once complete will have it dynoed and take it to the creek, just keen on getting some of your estimates on how much power i will have with,

to4e top mount

38mm external gate

z32 AFM

550cc injectors

bosch 040 fuel pump

plazmaman plenum

ems 8860

will be running her at 16psi any feed back will be great thanks

Had a run at wsid 2 weeks ago first run though I broke the hicas lock . Couldnt figger out why the car felt like it had egg shaped tyres ,One wheel was flappen in the breeze steering itself,Was my first run in 18months so still gotta get some more practice in yet but still ran 12.5 looking for a better pb this wednesday hopefully .Second run I bogged it of the line only ran a 13.4,so still go some work to go b4 I get there, only had the 2 runs cause I found the hicas problem then so called it a night

Cheers Peter

what mph?

thanks

h

109mph,Jap32 what power are you running ,that would give us a bit more of an indication of what sort of times you might run though there's alot of other factors to take into account like tyres as well .Have you got an engine bay pic with the plazmaman plenum on thinking of putting one of these on as well

cheers Peter

legend01 haven't got it all together yet hopefully will be put together this weekend then i gotta get the ems ecu put in and dynoed, just wanted a rough estimate on what power output i might be getting with all thee upgrades?

• 3 weeks later...

Well guy's I've cracked it at last had 4 runs at wsid last night three I stuffed of the line one I hooked up properly still think I might get it down lower yet but very pleased with the time,Check it out 1 rb20 11 sec pass

post-7066-1188454840_thumb.jpg

R32 - Rb20det

GTR injectors

Wolf 3d ecu

500hp walbro fuel pump

Original hybrid gt spec cooler kit

full 3inch exhaust in highflow cat

Ces dumppipe

standard rb20 turbo

dyno Tuned and boosted to 14psi - made 160rwkw and ran a 14.1 on baldish street tires

Car is currently in the shop getting:

GCG highflow Rb20 turbo

Split fire coilpacks

Xtreme HD clutch

Retune and more boost (I think 16psi maybe 18)

Anyway one know what kind of power to expect, Id love to crack the 200rwkw mark but judging by alot of other r32's it seems pretty hard

Congrats Legend.. Very respectable time. Not just in to the 11's but 11.7 is well in to it. ;)

---

Lukaz. Don't be weak push in as much boost as it will take before it stops making reasonable power. :)

Well guy's I've cracked it at last had 4 runs at wsid last night three I stuffed of the line one I hooked up properly still think I might get it down lower yet but very pleased with the time,Check it out 1 rb20 11 sec pass

thats absolutly awesome man congrats!! same mph i run so thats boosted my confidince in improving :rofl:

are you using a 25 box?

Nice run Legend, well done.

Going to a drag day in late October and hope to crack 12s. In theory could possibly get low 12's/high 11s but the R31 suspension is not a slick unit and the driver is hopeless lol.

Last time out with very bad tyres ran 14s @ 109mph with 235rwkw.

Have 280rwkw this time and some ET streets to us so if I can drive it well enough should hopefully run something respectable.

Stock turbo as well hahaha!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the support its great.

jnr32r...I'm launching at around 5500 to 6000 rpm.

FATGTS-R ,with the power you have I dont think you will have any problems getting low 12's high 11's as for the suspension ,I dont think that will be too much of a problem as I run really stiff suspension no squat at all im told of the line.I'm running M/T street radials as well and am still playing with air presures atm but that run they were set at 14psi and hooked up well

I do hope in the future to improve on my time maybe low 11's would be good ,diff is real noisey after wednesday night so maybe time to stick the gtr diff in.Its just the start of the season so I've got plenty of time ,good luck to all trying for better times I'm happy with mine for the time being

Cheers Peter

Awesome, awesome, awesome work Pete!!!!!!!1 :D Well into the 11s :worship:

Well i just completed another Dutton Rally where the car saw 1.1bar on Friday, then 1.3bar all Saturday and Sunday. Car ran faullessly with not a drop of blow by and would have been making 260odd and driven in anger. My co-driver was turning it in for me by using the rev imiter in 3rd gear for shifts to 4th coming onto the straight at Sandown. Rev limit was changed throughout the event, generally between 8,000 and 8,600rpm. Fingers crossed there is some decent footage of all the limiter action

And aweosme work Pete! :(

I am running a to4e p-trim turbo with v band on my r32 rb20det gtst

Walbro fuel pump

sard fuel reg

3 inch turbo back exh

Standard computer

Standard internals

Standard injectors

It ran over 240 rw kw on '98 Tuned to 236.7 Rearwheel kilowatts at 14psi. Its laggy but when its on,its on.

Want to run more boost but injectors are maxed out. Anyone got any suggestions for injector upgrades so I can run more boost? Im after bang for minimal bux if you know what I mean. Series 5 rx7 ones ??

post-41912-1189236250_thumb.jpg

post-41912-1189236673_thumb.jpg

post-41912-1189236898_thumb.jpg

Edited by dirty232