SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

anyway, put my RB20DETT R31 2 door on the dyno, for a full tune and bumping up the boost.

Got 182rwkw @ 7000rpm on 13psi of boost in 5th gear. Dyno wasn't a dyno dynamics and this dyno was known to read lower than dyno dynamics dynos so meh.

Damn that is a cool sounding setup...

Do you have any pic's? :P

Well the GTSR recorded its highest ever figure yesterday arvo on the dyno.

Last tune made 235rwkw @ 16psi, graph is somewhere in this thread lol.

Had some ignition dramas and as I found out a blocked cat so a magic cat was thrown on along with a different ignion setup and they dialled in 22psi to see what it would do and it spat out 283rwkw. When I pick it up I will post the new graph.

That is awesome...its good to see the thing turn a good number after having put so much blood sweat and tears into it.

Are you planning on running that sort of boost? I recall talk that your engine had been opened and tweaked...? Personally based on all the hard work and coin you have thrown at it i would enjoy the thing at 18psi for the next 6 months :O

Again congrats!!

What lies inside the engine is still an unknown quantity. It was supposedly an RB24 but the stroke is still as per factory.

A few mechanics have commented it has the "forged piston rattle" on cold start but the car is 19 years old so god knows whats rattling lol. Time will tell whats inside, hopefully not soon though...

And I will definately be pulling out some pressure. The gearbox was whining already so I dare say one run through third gear will result in failure.

Well the GTSR recorded its highest ever figure yesterday arvo on the dyno.

Last tune made 235rwkw @ 16psi, graph is somewhere in this thread lol.

Had some ignition dramas and as I found out a blocked cat so a magic cat was thrown on along with a different ignion setup and they dialled in 22psi to see what it would do and it spat out 283rwkw. When I pick it up I will post the new graph.

sheizen, that's awesome power.

sorry dude, can't be bothered siffing thru 44 pages, what setup do u have again?

Edited by RS500

very nice figure indeed, is it an original GTSR?

as for it being a waste of time(my TT setup), no i don't think it is, i think it could have some potential.

As for pics, engine bay pic is in my signature

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/som...s_cruise_16.jpg

and that's the car at the SAU xmas party

R32 GTST

RT - .45

60' - 2.01

330 - 5.8

1/8 - 9.01

MPH - 77.75mph

1000 - 11.73

1/4 - 14.03

MPH - 97.61

Dyno'd:

211 RWHP

Mods:

3 inch down pipe free flowing exhaust

apexi power intake

18x8.5 inch Club Linea Veloce Rims

Falken Ze512 Tyres

Brandon

Edited by SalEsh

Yes it is an original GTSR.

Mods: 3 inch exhaust , A/M Ecu, Injectors, fuel pump, remote mounted falcon coil pack and thats about it.

Everything else i.e turbo, extractors and cooler is still factory.

That is so cool that the thing has finally punched out numbers....and considering it was a little more responsive then mine from memory, well that awesome :P

What did you end up doing for a dump pipe, as from what i have seen the std rear housings are difficult things to work on?!?!?

very nice fat-gtsr. what after market ecu are you using? i take it its not a pfc from the lack of afm? no porting or cams?

how did you measure the stroke without removing the head? verniers down the plug hole? could be just an rb20 crank with 82mm pistons?

and your right about the box. i'd be looking at a rb25 one very shortly. either that or use 205 tyres on the rear MAX. :D

my rb20 box has just about destroyed its main shaft bearings again with only 220rwkw.

Edited by kwazza11

Roy, I am yet to do anything with the dump as I dont know what to do myself!

The Ex group A racers are coming for a historics meet at the island in a few weeks so I am going along to try and have a peek at what they did on those things.

Kwazza, ecu is Autronic and no porting has been done. Cams are unknown but possibly factory as previous runs have made max power at 6,000-6,100rpm.

How was the stroke checked? No idea, I can ask the mech but no the head did not come off.

Didnt finish work in time today so will be picking it up tomorrow morning and will put up the graph.

If you like when im back in Melbourne we can go araound and have a look at the Grp A car of my friend , though i wouldnt be surprised if the rear housing is a bit different to what the road cars came with...i know he went to a lot of troubel and expense, and help from the right ppl to get a new version of the turbo the car use to run