SAU Community

Anyone made a claim with JustCars insurance??

JXL

I'm really curious cause i just been informed its like a nightmare, the service was bad, the time it took before it got repaired was like 2 months, the parts and worksmanship was shit and there was no option of hire car.

I know they are the cheapest i've seen by far but damn its either you write the car off or your screwed for claiming.

im with just cars they are the only ones that would insure me for the line even though i have a 65% no claim rating, insurance companys suck. quite frankly though i have heard some bad things bout the service for repairs and claims with just cars but i have no other option. at least the chick i talked to to get my insurance seemed nice.

im with just cars, but i could only afford to get 3rd party at $600 odd.

full cover they wanted $2750 so i sed get ****ed, gimme 3rd party.

was the chicks name rosa by any chance?? coz i had her and she seemd real nice too :cheers:

although im kicking myself now for not getting full cover (after my prang last night)

like my dad always says : "insurance is a ****ing waste of money.......until u need to make a claim" :)

I heard wesfarmers insurance is very cheap for imports and they seem ok with modifications... but I am not sure if you have to work for a company in their group to get insurance with them. A guy at my work is with them and has nothing but good things to say. So Just Cars might not be the only solution for import car insurance.

We're just making a claim with Just Cars ATM.

No hire car as specified in the insurance, but hey we all knew that when we signed up.

There was no delay with their assessing the claim, once we had their required 2 quotes we were approved within 3days.

We had to wait 8 weeks for the repair but that was the smash repairer not just cars. waiting fo bits from jp.

Once the repair was "finished" we were not happy with it, the assessor from JC came out again and checked it and they are telling the repairer to rectify the work.

Im happy enough, can't expect top line ervice when no one else will touch you for insurance :cheers:

im with them and my insurance is 3k :cheers:

ur joking right? i have been with just cars for a year now (on 3rd party) and if i was to swap to full cover it would only be $2355 and im 17, maybe its got to do with the value of ur car (wait now i think about it u drive a 34 and i got a 33 )

i would rather pay the money and know that i have the cover than only pay for 3rd party and have an accident. alot of the time you are paying money for nothing but peice of mind. and thats all i need. i know if some bastard steals my car all i have to do is pay a couple of hundred bucks and i can get a new one. i pay $1800 a year for my insurance and its worth every cent. imho

p.s - i dont remember the girls name but she sounded hot :cheers:

I heard wesfarmers insurance is very cheap for imports and they seem ok with modifications... but I am not sure if you have to work for a company in their group to get insurance with them.  A guy at my work is with them and has nothing but good things to say. So Just Cars might not be the only solution for import car insurance.

Fane is insured with them i think he said but he managed to get some bullshit special mates rates price that none of us will get.

I'm pretty sure i called them before and they wouldn't insure me.

I've got 65% ncb and no crashes for 6 years so i only pay $1300 with JC if the car was completely standard R33 it would have been $1K but i'm really concerned about the 8 weeks for fixing and then the shop fixing it does a piss poor job.

Looks like there;s 2 cases already i've heard today where its a piss poor repair job.

Next best quote i got was Famous Cars and it was $2420

Just spotted this thread and I have heard bad things about them as well. For some reason an old boss of mine was insured with them on his BMW a while back. He made a claim and they went over his whole car with a fine tooth comb and found one tyre was slightly under minimum for a road worthy and refused a payout. It was a 40,000 claim as well. While the car may not have technically been legal with that tyre, if there is no mandatory testing how can joe public expect to know?

He rated there policy as "guilty until proven innocent" which is what a few others have said here as well.

hey KLowN,

have ya tried HBF, im wif them atm, about 1650ish for full comp, and that was when i was 17 too, but then ive got a 93 gts...

i got claim in atm... it took about a day for them to approve the claim and its in the workshop atm... ill fill ya in on how long it takes, they reckon hopefully back before christmas (about 8-9 working days they said)... for damage to rear... bumper, boot, exhaust etc etc... service was ok too...

Hi People,

I had an R33 a couple years back that I insured with Just Car Ins, I was paying $3000 per year for full comprehensive (I was 21 and it was heavily modded). Anyhow, had my first and only crash in it with excess of $1400, and it took 6 weeks to get it back and on the road as the parts had to come from east (sydney to adelaide). Total damage to my car was $5k and other car $2.5k. I had to wait 2 weeks for a hire car from the mechanic, so that wasn't too bad.

Anyhow i thought the service was good by Just Car. Repair job was ok.

I have a 31 turbo now because i am sick of insurance though, makes me sick knowing the money I was paying!! Its mainly a matter of driving more safely and hoping you don't get hit by someone else.

Any insurance company gets picky when they have to dish out the big bux like $40k for a beamer!

the length of the wait for repairs and quality of repairs is not really the fault of the insurance. our car that was fixed with RAC took 2 months to fix and went back about 4 times. RAC were great about it but the panel beater was as dodgy as they come.

i wouldnt recommend third party .... i was seriously considering 3rd party but managed to get full comp for less than what i paid when my car was in my folks name ...... luckily i did as less than 2 months later i pranged my car ...... wouldve done a good $10K damage - as i did $8K worth to other lady and my car was far worse.

You never know whats around the corner.

We're just making a claim with Just Cars ATM.

Im happy enough, can't expect top line ervice when no one else will touch you for insurance :)

why not? it shouldn't matter what car you drive, if they choose to insure it and charge such high prices then they should provide a good service.

i am with HBF, fully comp, 55% no claims and i pay about $950 :D

they have been fine with any enquiries but i have not made a claim with them yet.