SAU Community

i get my GTR tomorrow

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, some good 89 cars are out there..  

that looks pretty nice there druzilla..  

I think we have about 8 more days to enjoy it, but hey, it was good for a few people while it lasted..

what do you mean 8 more days to enjoy it?

i will have some better pics up later, but im just gona link em from niztek.. cbf uploading pics to every site i go to

DRU:

That looks absolutely beatiful mate. Congratulations. I agree with nick, turbolight 4100 is a cheap oil, for cheap turbo cars. A GTR is not a cheap car. Give it to a mate and get ye some motul 300V, also heard that royal purple is good sh1t but I've never personally used it.

pred was talking about the 15yo rule coming to an end, not your car! :(

Enjoy it.

Richard

DRUZILLA THATS AWESOME!!  

Interior pics?!

What auction grade was it, who did you import through, how much has it costed so far?

Those pics are inspirational.

Damn I really want mine now :(

auction grade was 3.5

would have been 4, but it had an aftermarket dial cluster.. so only got 3.5.

i went through j-spec.. i have a whole thread on another site about my import experience.. it even states what my bids were for one gtrs and how much i lost the austion by etc.. i will post the link here if anybody want to read it

yeah.. the price of gtrs at the start of the thread compared to the price of gtrs at the end.. there is quite a big difference.. i missed out a few times and i ended up paying more for the gtr i have now.. but im still very happy with it

what do you mean 8 more days to enjoy it?

The world will end in 8 days..

no - seriously, just Jan 1st will more than likely be the annoucement that the end of the 15 year rule is made official.. that's what everybody seems to be saying - so no more cheap 1989 such as this.

Whoever got a good car for a great price I reckon congrats whilst the going was good, otherwise too late.

should also change the attessa fluid, in the resovoir in the rear drivers side quarter panel.

It needs to be drained and bled at two points but it is really quite easy, just follow the instructions in the GTR workshop manual, I was told Dexron III is ok to use. I bought a 4 litre pack and those lines are definitely clean now, I had to get a lot of air out of my lines.

P.S. just check those subframe bushes (4 in total) on the rear just behind the drivers and passengers doors for the telltale silicon leaks. you can go several ways if they need replacing including new bushes from noltec in sydney. I just did mine in my R32 GTS4 and a friend had his done in a GTR, so they are something to watch out for, not cheap if you have to pay for it to be done.

Stephen