SAU Community

Skyline Accidents??

pushead

P-plate driver caught doing 141kmh (From The Age)

December 29, 2004 - 12:41PM

A young P-plate driver was caught speeding near Newcastle at 141kph - 71kph over the speed limit - NSW Police said today.

About 8.30am (AEDT) yesterday, Lake Macquarie Highway Patrol officers detected a northbound Nissan Skyline travelling at 141kph on Charlestown Road, Kotara.

They issued the 21-year-old driver with a speeding ticket and suspended his licence for six months.

Last month, P-plate driver Emile Dousset, 20, died when he crashed a high-performance Nissan Skyline at speeds of up to 180kph on the central coast.

Also killed were his passengers Carl Homer, 33, and pregnant 15-year-old Natasha Schyf.

Last week engaged couple Robert Peov, 21, and Joanna Mourania, 20, died when their Nissan Skyline sports car hit a power pole at Milperra in Sydney's west.

The deaths prompted police to warn young drivers to slow down, while the NSW government is considering imposing restrictions on young drivers with high-performance cars in an attempt to reduce road deaths.

=========================================================

I'm loosing faith to owning a skyline now reading the above. Why does the media outline Nissan Skyline giving all of us a bad rep? I'm sure there are plenty of unreported accidents on the news with other cars but everytime it seem like a Nissan Skyline is the main attention now. What are all your thoughts?

methinks this was more than just a thread about the latest one

i hate it too. this morning, looking at an r32 gtst outside my house, our next door neighbour with my friend in the car left their driveway and drove past. my friend later told me that his mother mouthed off at the fact that we were looking at buying one of 'those skylines'... hmmm media is rubbing off on everyone

*** the media and drive what u want... just drive it responsibly.

not that nark. its from the media that coppas are targetting esp skylines. back in the old skool days they use to pick on hondas all the time but now rarely they do now.

Anyway wasss up man? :)

They need to leave the Hondas alone too :D

I don't drive like an idiot, but I've noticed I'm now tarred with the same brush as those that do. I don't cop much crap but I've noticed a lot of people (who looked to be the types that sit in front of ACA and TT going "yeah... that's right... damn hoons" every time a car drives across the screen) give me the evil eye.

I parked at the shops in Beenleigh the other day and an oldish guy wandered over.

Him: That's one of them Nee-san Skylines isn't it?

Me: Yep.

Him: They're dangerous, heaps of people die in them. I've seen it on the telly.

Me: Heaps of people die in Commodores too, are they dangerous?

Him: Nah, they're Australian made, they're built to last!

Me: Pfft, righto

I really didn't see the point in continuing the conversation any further, but I kept a close eye on my car :)

They need to leave the Hondas alone too :)

wtf... last? yer rite.

HAHAHAHAH!!! Made to last!! HAHAHAHHAA!!

Now if that old geezer didn't sound too 'red neck american' I dunno what does.

They need to leave the Hondas alone too :D

I don't drive like an idiot, but I've noticed I'm now tarred with the same brush as those that do. I don't cop much crap but I've noticed a lot of people (who looked to be the types that sit in front of ACA and TT going "yeah... that's right... damn hoons" every time a car drives across the screen) give me the evil eye.

I parked at the shops in Beenleigh the other day and an oldish guy wandered over.

Him: That's one of them Nee-san Skylines isn't it?

Me: Yep.

Him: They're dangerous, heaps of people die in them. I've seen it on the telly.

I really didn't see the point in continuing the conversation any further, but I kept a close eye on my car :)

is it just skylines? i know the p platers in general are gaining bad publicity, and i hear about rex's do but i never hear about supras or soarers or 180's an 200's for that matter... maybe supras aren't as common as the rest but the others.....

Its all imports basically.

Drive an import and you are automatically labelled as a hoon

Drive an import and you will get harassed by cops

Drive an import and you are public enemy no 1

After all, it doesnt matter that crime is up by nearly 10 times in victoria(according to The Age) because the government would rather raise revenue through us instead of keeping the state safe

Its all imports basically.

Drive an import and you are automatically labelled as a hoon

Drive an import and you will get harassed by cops

Drive an import and you are public enemy no 1

After all, it doesnt matter that crime is up by nearly 10 times in victoria(according to The Age) because the government would rather raise revenue through us instead of keeping the state safe

is that right?? 10X 's??? shit thats alot??

i'd believe it.. some ****er about 2 days ago tried to break into the R31.. and i've only been in the state a week! stuffed the lock and scratched around the door.. asshole

ahh..vic - the police state.. just great except they're all in the wrong areas.