SAU Community

More Stereo installation

Terminal

Here are some Pics of my great and glorious sub box

it's not 100% because the stupid jigsaw broke this afternoon. i'd hoped to have it in one piece by now

Also these are taken with my phone, my camera is in the er... shop.

It's setup for 2 x 10" plus my 400mm long Amp, which is why it's so long. the subs are within about 5mm of touching the side, which are flush against the suspension towers in the back. there is about 20mm clearance on either side of the amp from the subs. once i get some carpet to match the boot, it will look a lot better, trust me :rofl:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's basically finished now. All i have to do is cover the mdf with carpet of some sort, and figure out why the stupid thing cuts out at high volume.

also, for some reason my head unit now no longer functions and i have to use the remote all the time.

anyways, tell me what you think

It doesn't sound, i had to send my head unit off to be inspected to see if they'll honour the waranty, so about 2 weeks until i have my head unit back. before i'd sent it i thought i'd fixed it up, but then it gradually got worse until it was back to where it was, which ot me sounds like either a heat problem or something gets looser as the car vibrates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah i'll get it for you tomorrow if that's alright. there are 7 pieces of MDF in all. Mine was a bit of a dodgy fit, but i'll get dimensions that will fit. A 'Prototype' as such

• 2 weeks later...

Get my stereo stuff installed in a few days!... wasnt gonna spend too much originally - but got a price too good to turn down... so if anyone else has been thinking about DVD and roofmount screen (for kids) then I'll post the deal I got...

Based on the pack in the summer Alpine catalogue... with the DVD head unit, 2 x IR headphones and 7 inch drop down TFT for $1999 reduced from $2799...

Told em I only had $2000 max including fitting and needed normal tuner head unit too, so the guy rang the store owner - who just happened to be sitting down with Apline distributor looking over the new Alpine stuff hitting stores soon... including an 8" screen replacing the discontinued 7"...

So he agreed to do the Pack plus a RRP $369 head unit ALL fitted for $2000!

But it got better - I said I really wanted MP3 compatability in the headunit - and he said the lowest price was for the IPOD atachable unit reduced from $699 to $499... BUT then he remembered they had them further discounted that week for $299!!

So the new price he agreed to all up including fitting is $2015, for:

- Head unit CDA-9826 (Ipod system)

- DVD player DVA-5210E

- Overhead drop-down screen (not sure on part # but its the new 8" version of the TMX-R700)

- 2 x IR headphones

RRP of $3700 + fitting (~$350) all for $2015 fitted :D :aroused:

Hi guys, fianlly got around to fitting up the stereo gear the night before the 1200 k trip. It has a Nakamichi head unit, a Soundstream 400 watt 4 channel amp and 2 pairs of MB Quart 6.5" co axials, one in each door. The amp is mounted under the driver seat at the moment, but I might move it later on.

Big improvement over standard, I ran out of time to fit the front tweaters in the A pillars. I removed the standard tweaters but was slowed down by not finding any signal at the standard wiring. This weekend I will run around with he multimeter and find the other end of them.

I now have a spare din hole, gauges maybe? The Greddy boost gauge is 60 mm, so it's too big though. So is the EGT gauge. More thinking needed and some suggestions might help????????

;)

Sounds like a nice setup there SK. Nakamichi desks are nice and clean. And you can't go past MB Quart's. You gunna put 4 15 inch subs in the back :(

If I had a spare DIN space I'd go straight for the 3 x 52mm gauge mounts you can get. They look pretty good (look stockish) and the little thieving ba$tards can't do a smash and grab ;)

I mounted 3 x 52mm gauges in the R33 like that and I was really happy how it turned out.

J