SAU Community

More Stereo installation

Terminal

I just finished installing my new head unit and amp into the stagea. took me a while but i don't have any wires showing what so ever. it's really a rather simple job, you just have to be prepared to pull most of your interior trim out to hide the wires, same as you would in any car. i ran the power cable for the Amp down the inside of the front right quarter panel straight to the battery, and it goes all the way back to the amp, which at the moment is just sitting in the boot. i'm rigging up a custom sub box in the next few weeks, which i will take photo's of during the install.

My plans are to have 2 x 10" or 12" subs plus the amp sitting in a box which deosn't look outrageous, but does the job. will keep every one informed if anyone wants/needs to know anything about stereo installs

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good Term. You could easily fit two 12's in a ported box behind the seat. Make it removable so you can pull it out when you need to etc.

Where abouts are you gunna mount the amp ? I've got a MT 280 that'll fit nicely in the spare tyre well. I just need to get some power cable/fuse and a long set of RCA's.

J

I have a large V12 alpine amp, it's fairly big, about 400mm long. i don't want to lose my spare tyre, so i'll be mounting it either inside or on top of the sub box. i measured up the back end, and i think i've got it sorted out to the size of the box required.

I think so. it's simple enough, just pop the vents out, then pop the center console out. center console removes easier if you take the center pocket out and push underneath it. then it's just as simlpe as unscrewing the headunit and replacing.

I have a gap in mine at the moment, i'm waiting to try and find a set of 3 guages that i can fit in there, otherwise i'll have to make my own

Yepp, it's pretty straight forward. It's just the top two vents are a bit of a bugga to get out. You can take the hazard light switch out (just pops out easy) and push from the back of the vents.

I found out the other day I've got no speakers in the back doors :P One day I'll get new 2 or 3 ways all round.

Term - damn that's a big amp !! The little MTX 280 I've got is a 2 channel jobbie for just the small sub I've got. It'll fit nicely in the middle of the spare wheel, so i can leave the spare in there and the amp will fit in the middle of it :rant:

I have a gap in mine at the moment, i'm waiting to try and find a set of 3 guages that i can fit in there, otherwise i'll have to make my own

I haven't measured it up yet but I am hoping to put one of these in the spare (Din) space

productLarge_7574.jpg

If it does't quite fit it won't matter, I don't use the ashtray, so it can go down there.:P

i tell you what guys, making up a custom sub box that fits nicely in the boot of the stagea is a fun job. an entire day of jig sawing and i'm almost there. just gotta trim some bits, glue/nail it together and then find carpet to match the interior and it'll be all done.

I suppose i should take down measurements for you guys in case you ever decide to make one. shouldn't be too hard to modify mine, it's nothing special.

Anywho, off to Tempe tomorrow for some nice new wheels. sub box will have to wait until friday to be finished. i'll get pics up soon.

Sounds like everythings comign along good for you terminal, be good to see what it looks like with some new wheels, what size are you planning on?

One problem I have found with the stagea over the past days is tooo much space, have to work out a way to have items stay in one spot and still have some fun in the car..

One problem I have found with the stagea over the past days is tooo much space, have to work out a way to have items stay in one spot and still have some fun in the car..

I have one of those big plastic storage boxes (Bunnings ~$10) tied down with occy straps for small things, just chuck them in. I have spare occys (pack of 10 from SupaCrap ~$6) for large stuff:cheers:

Haha thats a great idea, definatly heading there this weekend to buy me some :)

Also make sure the tyres load rating is correct that they give you at Tempe, from memory you need at least 570kg loading capacity on each tyre, check in your glovebox in its in there in the paragraph below the table (sorry dont have the car handy at the moment)

Yup the load rating is the one you are after, it should be a figure over 500kg..

I know for a fact police/transport check that your tyres are correct for the car, the max load rating is stamped on all tyres and must be higher/equal to then that specified on the car.

Thats one of the reasons the guys in the luxs etc. have problems because they have quite a high rating from memory due to the ability of taking a large load in the rear tray.

Just make sure they give you the proper load rating :)

i am building a removable box for my amps and sub with switches so i can switch the speakers to run from the H/U when the amps are out.... pretty big job, but should be good when its done.

This is almost the exact same thing i'm doing with mine. great minds think alike

Yup the load rating is the one you are after, it should be a figure over 500kg..

I know for a fact police/transport check that your tyres are correct for the car, the max load rating is stamped on all tyres and must be higher/equal to then that specified on the car.

Thats one of the reasons the guys in the luxs etc. have problems because they have quite a high rating from memory due to the ability of taking a large load in the rear tray.

Just make sure they give you the proper load rating :)

It says on mine must be over 600kg on each corner. has cold inflation pressure and 2 sizes of tyres that the stock rims came with, 205 and 225.