SAU Community

Just Some Stuff to Note thx

hey fellas i am only a youngin :D

but what i am going to do soon is buy an auto & non turbo R34, the most unpowerful and low cost insurance possible, wondering a few things, how powerful is the car still and any tips that you guys can think of that i will need

the insurance will still be shitlaods cos its a r34 skyline they dont care auto manual or turbo non turbo. its an import they believe parts are harder to find, it will most likely get stolen cos its an import and will most likely brake down and have more problems cos it wasnt australian delivered so the insurer has a to bigger premium on it cos they believe more things will go wrong cos it wasnt sold in aus. the diff between turbo and non turboi will be like $200 a year. same with auto vs man probably another $200 a year

you probably can't import the 2.0 litre one, as not enoguh power to classify under SEVS (correct me if im wrong, i cant be bothered looking it up)

there is also issue of police attention, they won't care/know if it's a turbo or non-turbo, they'll pull u over anyway... though i guess you've got an advantage coz you dont live in melbourne...

well i had a quote ages age on about $4600 for a turbo and i know a guy my age in Sydney with a non turbo, well i dont know him but he is Viscount on these forums and he has a non turbo for $3200 a yr so i mean a fair difference................

well i had a quote ages age on about $4600 for a turbo and i know a guy my age in Sydney with a non turbo, well i dont know him but he is Viscount on these forums and he has a non turbo for $3200 a yr so i mean a fair difference................

Why not just get a R32 GTS or R32 GTS-t, even better, plus the cheapest R34 i've seen in Australia was a R34 25GT Semi Automatic Sedan for $19,990. Goodluck having $20,000 if your a 'youngin' insurance is a killer, so is attention.

Edit: Also you must factor in things like fuel, (i know N/A wont suck the fuel as much as a Turbocharged motor, but still) and repair costs etc, many, many things in a car car not function correctly and need repair, repairs for a car, especially a R34 can be very costly.

you better off buying a r33 GTS25, insurance for it will be around 1500 full comprehensive as long as you've had no fines/accidents etc through justcarinsurance - well it was for me when iw as 18.

A R34, due to the price, and newer car etc etc would be just as expensive as a turbo version

Things to note:

r34 and r33 N/A's are not 'that' much different power wise

r33 will be cheaper to buy, and cheaper to insure

/plug for himself :P

i might be selling mine: http://www.gatty.net/car/