SAU Community

What Car Alarm to Buy?????

EVL R33

I know this has been covered in other areas, but I want to hear from Perth people about the alarms they are using. My current car has a laserline alarm, which is ok, but I want to get the best for the new car. I'm looking at the Brant Nemesis with all the fruit, does anyone in perth have that in their car?? Also I've been told the Cheetah 777 is good as well, any comments??

Cheers

Brett

I got told I couldn't have a brant coz they don't work with turbo timers ... its probably shit but i ended up getting a cheetah 777.

really good alarm i havent had any false alerts but it goes off when you knock it etc.

its also connected into the turbo timer.

Alarms schmarms!

As long as they have all black wiring, multi-stage protection, and crap like that it's all good.

I don't see the point in spending $1000+ on an alarm.

for the record, i paid under $500 for mine. It works. its all good.

I doubt you'll find a case where a car has been stolen with ANY alarm, let alone a $1000 brant.... IMO they all work.

Guest GR33DyMANGO

while on the topic of car alarms...

im thinking of getting an autowatch alarm with ultrasonic and a window lift kit.

i was quoted $400 for the autowatch alarm plus the ultrasonics. they;ll charge me another $90 for a window lift kit. the guy said they;d wire the turbo timer for free. the quote was from car quest in east perth. sounds too good to be true.. what do u guys think??

does anyone have any opinions on autowatch alarms???

My Cyclops set me back under $500 fitted. Works well with the turbo timer, the car locks and the alarm arms itself when I hit the button, then as soon as the turbo timer finishes it arms the immobiliser. Dropped my insurance premium by 10% I think cos its a class 1 or something. All good stuff, all the cars I've owned have had a car alarm cept for the old bomb of a gemini I used to drive.

Rob

autowatch rock. You can go direct, there is an autowatch shop in myaree, and theyre cheap, and the company is south african, the place where cars have to be the best protected.

Mine was already in the car, but add on sensors are all plug and play, it cost me $25-30 for a set of ultrasonic sensors for inside my car.

They can be wired up for a TT but i havent bothered yet.

Originally posted by GR33DyMANGO

does anyone have any opinions on autowatch alarms???

I just had an Autowatch system fitted to my R33 for around $430 including the turbo timer module and sensors. Global Motorworks who did the compliance work arranged it for me. Haven't picked the car up yet though as having "fun" with the police and registration.

I was recommended either the Autowatch or the Cyclops.

Your quote sounds damn good to me.

Cheers, Al

Originally posted by Red Sky II

I just had an Autowatch system fitted to my R33 for around $430 including the turbo timer module and sensors.  Global Motorworks who did the compliance work arranged it for me.  Haven't picked the car up yet though as having "fun" with the police and registration.

I was recommended either the Autowatch or the Cyclops.

Your quote sounds damn good to me.

Cheers, Al

Whats does the turbo timer sensors do and allow you to do? It seems pretty cheap for what you got :D

Originally posted by Gester

Whats does the turbo timer sensors do and allow you to do? It seems pretty cheap for what you got :D

Sorry that was supposed to be turbo timer module to arm the immobiliser once the timer has finished. The sensors are just shock sensors not related to the TT module. All was done at the time of compliance.

If you put in the time and effort u can break into and steal any car no matter what u have in it.

As long as it goes WHEEEEE WOOOOO WHEEEE WOOOO when someone messes with it thats all u need right? and they all do that but its how fast they get disarmed that makes the difference. I bet ure average car thief cant disarm my alarm before i beat their head in with my "persuader":bonk: :elaugh: