SAU Community

Concerns on the next gtr

r35gtr

From what I know, the benchmark for the next gen gtr is Porsche. I have heard Hiroshi Tamura has left the gtr project from tyndago@rbmotoring If i recall correctly. The gtr will be the first to break the 206kw agreement limit?

There will be four wheel drive, twin turbo and round lights for sure?

It will be available RHD as a nissan for japan, au, uk, and LHD as an infiniti for US?

It will come with a new version of attesa e-ts?

The new chassis is Fr-L for sure?

will carry an anti lag turbo system?

Will it show up at this year's geneva auto show, 2 months prior to TMS?

the new engine will change bacuase of strict emission standards in the US? Nissan has said to be taking long with this model because it will be a global car, and there is no global market without the US?

Carlos ghosn, has he provided any sales targets for the next gtr or will he at TMS this year?

Directly after the TMS, it is possible it will go on sale in 2006, before the expected year of 2007?

Would the GTR be in benefit for infiniti, i.e. boost its sport's car/luxury image? Worldwide sales will reached by 2007?

Will the scheduled release of the new V36 skyline be mentioned at this years TMS?

Will the gtr at TMS be a new concept of the gtr, or a pre-production model?

Is there a chance the one at TMS will be LHD like the concept?

Will there be different chassis codes for US and JP models?

Will there be a N/A and turbo model or just the turbo model?

Will nissan provide an offical title at this year's TMS?

What other things can we expect from the show?

From what I know, the benchmark for the next gen gtr is Porsche. I have heard Hiroshi Tamura has left the gtr project from tyndago@rbmotoring If i recall correctly. The gtr will be the first to break the 206kw agreement limit?

There will be four wheel drive, twin turbo and round lights for sure?

It will be available RHD as a nissan for japan, au, uk, and LHD as an infiniti for US?

It will come with a new version of attesa e-ts?

The new chassis is Fr-L for sure?

will carry an anti lag turbo system?

Will it show up at this year's geneva auto show, 2 months prior to TMS?

the new engine will change bacuase of strict emission standards in the US? Nissan has said to be taking long with this model because it will be a global car, and there is no global market without the US?

Carlos ghosn, has he provided any sales targets for the next gtr or will he at TMS this year?

Directly after the TMS, it is possible it will go on sale in 2006, before the expected year of 2007?

Would the GTR be in benefit for infiniti, i.e. boost its sport's car/luxury image? Worldwide sales will reached by 2007?

Will the scheduled release of the new V36 skyline be mentioned at this years TMS?

Will the gtr at TMS be a new concept of the gtr, or a pre-production model?

Is there a chance the one at TMS will be LHD like the concept?

Will there be different chassis codes for US and JP models?

Will there be a N/A and turbo model or just the turbo model?

Will nissan provide an offical title at this year's TMS?

What other things can we expect from the show?

I'll have a go at answering these... but bear in mind, I ONLY research Japanese articles and speak to Japanese people about this. If the info is of no concequence to the Japanese market, well then I don't really know anymore than you guys.

1) Yes, it'll definately break the old 206kw limit. Will beat Porsche Turbo output with less capacity.

2) Yes, 4WD, twin turbo (JGTC style) and four round lights. From what I know, Nissan is desperately trying to woo the traditioanlist GT-R buyer AND the new 'euro-car bandwagon jumper' (read: ex-Porsche buyers) so a better than Porsche GT car with four round lights = winner.

3) Yes, righthand drive for Japan (UK, AU) and lefthand drive for every other market that will support such a top line GT car from Nissan ie: US/Mainland Europe. Expect a huge marketing push in Germany of course.

4) No mention of a 'new version' of Atessa-ets as such, but the current 'E-4WD' system kind of works along the same lines as ATESSA anyway... even better IMO.

5) Yes, FR-L chassis for sure. Basically a rear wheel drive configuration (RWD transaxel), with power to the front wheels provided by electric motors... a true high performance hybrid system. Talk of a CVT transmission is still on the cards, although whether they can build one that can handle the expected output within a certain budget is questionable? Just what I've been told.

6) No. The electrically spooled turbo's don't need anti-lag... they're literally always producing positive (or +0) boost on off or part throttle depending on road speed, gear selected, braking... you name it, it's an amazing system. I pray they don't water this down to keep within budget...

7) No. I've only heard about the Tokyo Motor Show debut... showing the 2005 Prototype at Geneva will upset the Japanese enthusiast I think.

8) I think Nissans been taking this long because of their 'Total Inventory Overhaul by 2005' policy...

9) Ghosn will reveal all the important things (name, sales targets, markets, 'theme', 'motto' and anything else that they deem important at the TMS '05.

10) From what I know, the expected debut of the next GT-R has been pushed out to December 2007! These guys are playing around with Porsche I think... to foil any plans Porshe might make to try and upset Nissan. Anything is possible... I really hope it goes on sale in 2006, despite Ghosn saying the debut will be at TMS '07.

11) Whether the GT-R will benefit Infiniti is anyones guess. I personally think the GT-R is 'too tough' for Infiniti, and Porsche buyers will still buy Porsche (in the US).

12) I can't see worldwide sales by 2007 if the car is realeased in December 2007! lol But hey, who knows.

13) Yes, there should be 2006 V36 Skyline at TMS this year.

14) The 2005 GT-R concept is just that... a concept. Nissan got burnt 4 years ago and they won't let that happen again.

15) I will bet money that the GT-R Concept will be LHD... just to re-inforce (once again... ho hum) that the GT-R is a 'World Car'now.

16) I seriously doubt there'll be different chassis codes for US models, what would be the point? Unless they drop a V8 in!!! Hahaha ;)

17) As far as I know... there'll be only a turbo model. Remeber, this is going off info direct from Japan as opposed to some bandwagon jumping fanboy, so... yep.

18) Yes, an official title will be announced.

19) Other things from the show: next RX-7, next NSX, next Altezza, next Civic, next...

/Rezz

Yeah hopefully we'll see a big update in technology and hence greater output and even better performance. As we all know, the fundamentals of the latest R34 GTR, are almost exactly the same as the 89 release GTR 32. It's time for change.

Rezz have you seen the Best Motoring Skyline the GTR Prodigy??

The guys there go about trying to build a new skyline into the V35 housing with RB26DETT and Attesa 4WD but they were complaining about the weight being way too much and they really want more power.

Rezz have you seen the Best Motoring Skyline the GTR Prodigy??

The guys there go about trying to build a new skyline into the V35 housing with RB26DETT and Attesa 4WD but they were complaining about the weight being way too much and they really want more power.

Are you talking about the Zele International Z33 Pikes Peak car? Because that ain't a V35.

hey rezz whats up with toyota are they really gonna come out with another supra supposedly price tagged at 400,000 usd or am i just hearing rumors also i was told that theirs a place over here getting ready to do a 350z awd conversion using a r34 front clip don't know if its true but thats what i heard (some place in new york)

it would be awesome though!!

Im wondering what will happen with the name. It wont be shocking IMO if Carlos Ghosn calls the next gtr something different than v35gtr. What im really wondering is when Carlos Ghosn will mention it. As you all know, the event lasts from Oct 22 (Sat) to Nov 6 (Sun). So, is there a specific day in which nissan will be representing their cars, favorably the next gtr, or is it "just wait and see"?

Im wondering what will happen with the name. It wont be shocking IMO if Carlos Ghosn calls the next gtr something different than v35gtr. What im really wondering is when Carlos Ghosn will mention it. As you all know, the event lasts from Oct 22 (Sat) to Nov 6 (Sun). So, is there a specific day in which nissan will be representing their cars, favorably the next gtr, or is it "just wait and see"?

No one has said for sure it will be called 'V35 GT-R' or even 'V36 GT-R'... or something else entirely. I know since 2003 I've been saying 'V35 GT-R', but as we get closer to the launch date it's becoming more clear. I think if you scan all the info on these forums it pretty much sums up the situation: it is almost 100% certain that the next GT-R *won't* be called 'R35', also too, the development of the next GT-R is starting to take on a whole different model approach (hence what I wrote above)... yes thats right, the next GT-R seems to be shaping up as it's own marque, the fact that Nissan have used V35 running gear for all it's test mules is misleading, I think the Next GT-R will have too many parts to differentiate itself from the rest of the Skyline lineup to warrant a *completely different* chassis code.

But I mean really, who cares about the chassis code? There was a time when EVERYBODY was saying 'R35 GT-R' and they just assumed that the GT-R lineage would just seamlessly continue from R34 to R35... this I think is wrong. From what I know now, the next GT-R will be a different model, able to transcend traditional maker stereotypes eg: no longer 'Nissan Skyline GT-R'. The fact that Infiniti will sell this car too means that the GT-R will forgo it's Skyline connections, although retaining styling cues and marketing strategies so as not to scare off the current GT-R owner.

It's a bit complex, and I just want to reiterate that Carlos Ghosn still has the ability to change the direction of the next GT-R depending how well the 2005 GT-R concept is recieved at the end of the year. I don't want to give away any more than that.

No one has said for sure it will be called 'V35 GT-R' or even 'V36 GT-R'... or something else entirely. I know since 2003 I've been saying 'V35 GT-R', but as we get closer to the launch date it's becoming more clear. I think if you scan all the info on these forums it pretty much sums up the situation: it is almost 100% certain that the next GT-R *won't* be called 'R35', also too, the development of the next GT-R is starting to take on a whole different model approach (hence what I wrote above)... yes thats right, the next GT-R seems to be shaping up as it's own marque, the fact that Nissan have used V35 running gear for all it's test mules is misleading, I think the Next GT-R will have too many parts to differentiate itself from the rest of the Skyline lineup to warrant a *completely different* chassis code.  

But I mean really, who cares about the chassis code? There was a time when EVERYBODY was saying 'R35 GT-R' and they just assumed that the GT-R lineage would just seamlessly continue from R34 to R35... this I think is wrong. From what I know now, the next GT-R will be a different model, able to transcend traditional maker stereotypes eg: no longer 'Nissan Skyline GT-R'. The fact that Infiniti will sell this car too means that the GT-R will forgo it's Skyline connections, although retaining styling cues and marketing strategies so as not to scare off the current GT-R owner.

It's a bit complex, and I just want to reiterate that Carlos Ghosn still has the ability to change the direction of the next GT-R depending how well the 2005 GT-R concept is recieved at the end of the year. I don't want to give away any more than that.

Very well said. Our only hope is that the new concept is in our favor, and Nissan implement's finer changes to the model, such as the mitsubishi eclipse concept, or RX-evolv to RX-8. I also think that we might see the model if Nissan thinks its time, or if the new concept is apt and ready, to start releasing production models sometime in 2006, maybe late 2006, as a 2007 model maybe. :boobs: :rofl: