SAU Community

The State of SAUWA

Kaido_RR

Hey;

I would just like to know what everyone else thinks the state of sauwa is at the moment, i few people have voice there feelings in thread, and i would just like to get it out in the open so maybe we can do something to change it and make it what it uses to be like (yes im not an oldskool member but when i join sauwa back in 2003 it was very different)

Im not too sure if everyone agree with me but im going to put forward my feelings on the subject, . It seems that sauwa has gone downhill abit, the post, the thread havn't been that great people havnt been the nicest to newer members or just the random bs that been post doesnt seem to help the current state. I know some people may say it may have something to do with a few people but i belived the problem happen long before that (will not long but it has been happening for awhile)

Back when i join in 2003, yes i did get some shit for being a new member and young but it was just funny shit (remember jenny Dan ahaha :)) but now days it seems like the members are picking on the younger members making it harder for them

Please post your comments....

And if in someway i have broken the fourm rules etc plz pm me mods and i will remove or edit thread

thankyou michael

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with ReVN211, these forums are alot better than other ones and the SAU TEAM Members / mods do a great job at cleaning up the crap when it gets posted. I personly think more time should be spent on getting to know new people in the forum, they are the people that will keep the forum going for years to come.

yep im with revn211 and alpha.

these forums are alot easier than such other places.. the WA section is filled with good ppl and they treat most with respect.

Liz had it right too... the forums dont make the club

-pie

Yeh i must admit with all the new people on these days we lose alot of the old school people who have good technical knowledge and could really help you out with a problem when you needed it.

However SAU does reflect the current state of the import scene, more inexperienced p plater type ppl getting into the scene with no real opinon of their own who bought their car based on the fact that they could afford it and it their mates say its fully sic. ( im not poking at any1 here i just call it as i see it)

We will call this the (falcodore to import demographic transition) ppl who used to buy vl trubos etc are now able to get imports for the same price.

In the early days it was hard to find an import like the skyline and maintaining was difficult as well due to the lack of expertise due to the rareity of these types of vehicles. This in my opinion is what SDU and later SAU was founded on, an almost cult following. Now days they are almost as common as commodores and parts and workshops are numerous, therefore we no longer need the "underground" or cult following to be able to get the things we need.

Still, alot of people still come on here and get a hand or a result to their search and thats what SAU is here for after all, right?

I think we should make a point here Mikey - that SAUWA is not the forums - its the club for WA members. The issue you are referring to is the www.skylinesaustralia.com forum users, not SAUWA financial members.

Thanks Liz, your right its not the financial members of sauwa but the forum in general by theway this is mikey i got ban, so i made a new username

thanks everyone for your comments

I think Boostzor, has made a good point we need younger members but they sometimes have no idea about the car or the scene in general and just think a turbo car is awsome cuz it got a bov etcetc. But we shouldn't just ban them cuz they have no idea, we should try to help them

yeh defineatly not like it used to be when i first started using the forums a few years ago

and yeh totally agree wit boostzor i think that in general import drivers are alot younger a fair few that come through my work drive like they just got out of a commonwhore

Cant help somebody who cant help themselves, this is not a creche' after all.

In my opinion (and u just know i gonna give it) the young kids, yeh kids, with these kind of cars have started too young and therefore cannot make head nor tails of thier cars. Most of us older types started off with falcons and corrollas and crap like that that we played with without having to worry about breaking them. Then when we couldnt get any further by ourselves we came looking online for help, hance SAU was born.

If you buy a 'line right out of highschool as seems to be all too common these days, which would NEVER happened in my day (not all that long ago). You dont have time to build up a slow steady base of knowledge, mechanical, minor traffic accidents or otherwise. Learning to run before you can walk i think.

The problem is the balance is tipping and there are too many new members that use SAU as a phone book instead of looking around themselves.

Boostzor, i agree, i got a skyline young and u got no time to learn about anything and then you ask question after question (Which 99% of the time you have already ask or it soo stuipd you thread just get flame to the ground)

If i could go back i wouldnt have bought a skyline or any import for that matter, would have got shitter maybe vr,vs and drove that around for abit (2-3yrs) then buy a skyline. You slowly learn after owning such a car that it isnt fun and game the cost adds up and hp is money, and more hp = more problem if something brakes.

Well i suppose its really the fault of the car industry and making such crappy domestic cars. Plus the govt opening up imports so much. While the noobs may be stoopid at least they are not stoopid enough to buy a falcodore :cheers:

And you wonder why the state of the forums have gone downhill.

You were banned, so you decided to create another account so you could continue to pester people with your inane crap.

The forums have gone downhill because of people like you. Coming on, dribbling crap, putting up pointless threads and wasting peoples time.

And you wonder why the state of the forums have gone downhill.

You were banned, so you decided to create another account so you could continue to pester people with your inane crap.

The forums have gone downhill because of people like you.  Coming on, dribbling crap, putting up pointless threads and wasting peoples time.

ok dude point out a thread where i should have been ban for? I will take that in the beginning i was a dickhead, i dont say other-wises. But when have u seen pointless, bulls, dribbling latly come on post links and i will stfu.

And for your information i wasnt ban, i through i was but found at i was warn and my account was lock for like 24hrs or something, the reason i create another account was to reply to thread which i was tring to help (e.g bless_you) and so i can buy some stuff of the fourm

EDIT: Ok point taken uneekwahn; if i leave sau will become i better place ok, bye im going then...