SAU Community

c.a.p.a drift ute.... hate it or rate it?

...However I do echo the sentiment I heard in the crowd at Wakefield... " There is more ego’s (referring to drifters) here than at a v8 supercars round" which I don’t particularly like

LOL...sitting there watching thats all i heard at a day at Calder.:)

Thats why im going to get out there this weekend and showing them how its not done:) If only i was powered by Gen III then they would really have something to bag me out for.

Fark em and their smart a55 comments...i dont care :) , Im not a huge fan of drift, probably cause i cant do it, but my car is finally going well so want to drive it as much as possible and go have some fun... :(

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i enjoy going to drift comps and days and watchin my favourite cars doing their thing. just the same as bogans go to bathurst. if i wanted to see holdens and fords attempting to drift, id sit at my local maccas and watch all the idiots in my town. why should i make the effort to drive 3hrs to see holdens and fords and have bogans bagging out the jap cars.

cheers

Linton

The only reason the "bogans" bag out the "ricers" is because the ricers bag the bogans! Look your doing exactly what you think the other side is doing and that is making fun of the V8 drivers because you think their bogans, yet when/if they were to tease your car you wouldnt like it would you. Your the one acting like an idiot.

Hypocrite.

Utes are shit unless you're a tradie - but if you wanna put one into the race that's fine with me.

Who cares really about if bogans hate ricers or if ricers hate bogans. If you like your car that's enough.. we spend too much time looking at what others are doing heh

Even with a bung clutch I get a smile on my face when I take my car up and down my street just to keep the engine cranking over.

Thats exactly right someonestolecc. If you like your car then why should you care what other drive or think? Utes may be work cars but who says people cant take them into drift comps? Which rule of drift comps say Jap Cars only? Unless thats the divison of drifting which would be a different story.

i really dont care if bogans bag me out, i know they are doing it. i dont care if anyone bags me out. but where i live, there are true bogans everywhere. there are 5 imports in my town, my 33, 2 other 33s, a 32 and a 180sx. i cop shit at tafe, i cop shit at work, i cop alot of shit for my car, i really dont care, they do care though.

i was at bathurst for the few years that skylines were in it. it was awesome racing. some of it i cant rememeber as i was too young, ive hated holdens n fords ever since then. the treatment the fans gave the other cars was pathetic.

every other motorsport is getting taken over with including other cars. the only solitude i have is to watch drifting. which is now getting taken over by aussie crap.

and to aKtive....its illegal to drift on public roads.... i dont live near a track that is open every night for drifting.... so i sit here on the net and d/l videos of it. i practice every oppurtunity i get.

cheers

Linton

im not claiming to be a drifter, i have never tried, and prob never will. the driver of the ute is most likely a fantastic driver, i mean he did get the ute sideways. he would be able to drive circles around me thats for sure. he is most likely a good bloke, but he came off as a bit of a toss on tv. Aussie drifters are by no means poorly skilled, some of them are fantastic drivers, and they have great cars as well. Its just weird seeing a holden ute alongside all these silvias and stuff, it just doesnt seem right, if you get how i mean. that being said, im all for seeing new cars in drift, its good to see something different from the s13,14 and 15 legions. Although i would like to see something other than the quintessential bogan transport of choice, like the good ole holden ute, or the pontiac gto that they have in the states, that pisses me off just as much. I still stand by my thoughts bout the commentators though. one of the guys knew absolutely nothing, although he is pretty funny and the other guy, which would be the person who posted earlier, you obviously knew wat you were saying, i could tell by listening to you, but by what they had edited to fit the time frame, it still made you come across in parts like a bit of a newbie, sorry, just my thought on it. That being said, its bout time i saw some good shit on speedweek!!!! no more boring speedboats, lol. it would be sick if aussie drift got as much publicity and funding as usa drift, since our drivers are better, hehe ;)

I attended the Fulllock round in Adelaide the other month on the utes first outting and all i can say is thanx!

Not only was i sitting there all day listening to BOGANS spit off comments about it bein a holden and superior to the rest of the cars, but it was just the whole "pidgeon hole" drunk bogan thing.......

It ruined my entire day!

I say good on him for tryin and all but, if this is the kinda of people the sport is gonna attract because there are holdens then i am against his car, well i was to begin with anyway!

Guys,

If they want to enter Australian muscle cars into drift, Fine! .. But they have to let us put the GTR back into bathurst! ;)

Also, good on the Aussie bloke for "giving it a go" eh? Your probably giving him the attention he's seeking ;)

Jeff Boulous: Welcome to Skylines Australia.. good to see your input.

;)

If most people hate the ute, why don't you just ignore it??? If you ignore it enough it'll go away and evolve into a 0-400m drag car...

And why *e-v-e-r-y t-i-m-e* does Japanese motorsport (whatever it is) have to be compared to bloody Holdens and Fords??!!?? Stop it already! It just goes to show how infantile the 'Import' motorsport scene is in AU. Why compare apples to oranges? If a bloody ute thinks it can drift as well as any Japanese car, well... then so be it. But you don't have to get all insecure and 'omg... the Holden boys are onto us', just ignore it and keep doing what you're doing!

Alright, having seen the Speedweek Autobarn Drift Battle (thanks Gojira!) all I can say is: well done! Good effort from everybody. Yep, of course the sponsored competitors could go much harder, but overall I think it was a good show and nothing to be ashamed of.

But yeah, I do think the competitors should go alot harder and faster. I know they're amatures, but they've got sponsorship, so why does it look like they're 'babying' their cars?

Btw, about the ute... drift in AU needs an 'enemy' so to speak in order to continue raising the bar... I think we've found it.

My Ford drifts well for a stock Turbo, I also cannot understand the narrow minded comments like:

"Drifting should only be for Jap cars"

Any car can be made to drift, and the more cars competing in Drift events brings more events/spectators and money into the sport. This is a good thing.

I have been a diehard track racer for the past 17 years and only discovered Drifting last year (Thanks Fatz) and I love it.

Also every sport has bogans, I am sure there are ricers and bogans at every V8 supercar or drift event, so its best not to generalise and use it as a lame excuse for a flawed opinion.

Great point about the "enemy" rezz. And I also dont think its the last of the drifting utes either.

I beleive a particular twin turbo LS1 ute will be hitting the drift tracks as well.

There is also a 400rwkw plus s/charged rodeo ute that will no doubt be testing the water as well.

maybe the power figure of the ute is starting to worry some people out there?

Id say the ute would be the best for drifting, light arse end, bulk power.

Might sound stupid but do your handbrake cables stretch when you drift:)

although its not a written rule i think that drift is open to all cars, but it originated in japan, with japanese cars, so it seems a bit wierd to see a ute out there. or any aussie car there for that matter. just seems weird to me. holden/ford fans have v8 supercars, and import lovers have drift. you dont see many imports out at bathurst (oh wait- the legendary r32 that was banned)(i think)so i think thats why a local car seems weird. isnt that why we buy imported cars anyway? cause local cars arent interesting enough? my opinin anyway..

I don't think that drifting is all about outright power. It seems to me that the people who win these events usually are the more experienced drifters. I think it comes down to a well balanced suspension setup and incredible car control. I'm not sure what limits are on the D1 series but none of the FD's or S15's have more than 500ps, and some of the the AE86's had only 200ps!