SAU Community

How much power can be squeezed from an R33 turbo?

Whats the most power anyone has made @ wheels using an R33 turbo? I'm not looking for theoretical ones, because I know what they can conceptually reach - I mean actual dyno'd results.

Please specify supporting mods, boost level, and engine it was on . Might settle a debate with someone who is convinced RB20DETs make at least as much power at the same boost level as an RB25DET when running the same turbo.

Might settle a debate with someone who is convinced RB20DETs make at least as much power at the same boost level as an RB25DET when running the same turbo.
the person who is debating with u is a nutcase lol. the rb25 has half a litre more capacity. how the hell can it be the same power at the same boost level lol

Its clear the average power made from a rb25 turbo on a rb25 is around 200rwkw. They can be squeezed to 210rwkw.

On the rb20det the rb25 turbo should make close to 190rwkw, the rb20det runs more boost than the rb25 obviously.

Lets say the RB20 makes just as much rwkw because it will willingly rev raster than an RB25.

?? anyone agree ??

I think the RB20 is a better combination of parts. So much so that I'm about to try and break into 10's with 1200kilos

what do people think??

just because a motor rev's faster does not mean it will make the same power

considering an RB25 is around 50kg's heavier...

Why wouldnt you use one?

To get the power needed to run a 10 you'd be spending easily a lot more than that of a 25 to get it too the same point.

That said, do a RB30et, bit auto with around 300rwkw and slicks and you'll have your 10

I am making 302rwhp in my R33 GTST with the following mods...

HKS Air pod

Turbo back HKS exhaust

S Type HKS FMIC

Apexi SAFC II

Apexi AVC-R

I think my boost is currently set at around 12 pound at the moment.....

I am still using the stock turbo..... When I tell people they usually just scratch their heads and say it cant last long and will probably blow but I have been running it like this for over a year with no probs.... :)

average ?? I don't think so - more like maximum.

Yer sorry buddy. It is the maximum, but is done by many R33's.

-+10rwkw appears to be a good figure to go by.

Average was a bad choice of word. :)

EDIT: Well maybe not +10rwkw.. lol