SAU Community

What is this plug/wire for on my RB26?????

Ramius83

Ok, here we go.

I am hooking up the knock/detonation harness on my 94 R32 RB26 motor. There are a total of six plugs. Two knock sensor plugs, two AAC plugs, an oil temp sensor plug, and an unaccounted for plug.

This one plug has a single light green and red stripe wire going to it and that is it. I cannot see where this plug goes for the life of me. Any help on this would be greatful. Thanks all.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Did you find out what this wire was for? i found it hanging loose the other day as well. Couldn't see anything that is connects too.

• 4 years later...

Sorry but I fully have to necro this thread.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTJKIknfDEaoeo7ts2BSi

For future reference to anyone coming across this on an RB26 GTR. The reason you have a green wire with red trace unaccounted for is because there is a small one wire patch loom for the oil temp sensor, about 250mm long. One end goes to the temp sensor on block ( the one with a red spade crimp connector in my case) and the other end goes to a grey connector on the chassis rail loom above the front diff. It is not immediately apparent that it is the same thing unless you untape the loom to discover this. Was asking the same thing earlier this year on the Nitto 2.8 build and never picked up on it before, and I've probably done 9+ RB26 rebuilds before. Must have been the first time I'd unplugged it at the chassis rail connector and the oil temp sensor. Yay for thread necro !

WP_20190827_17_45_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20190827_17_45_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20190827_17_44_17_Pro.jpg