SAU Community

r32 gtst spoiler switch?

hey everyone,

i jus recently bought myself a r32 gtst that i imported and don't really know too much about them. Jus wondering to the left of the sterring wheel are a couple buttons for spoiler up and down.

Ive tried pressin them but nothin happens and was interested if anyone could let me know what they do. They don't seem like they do much to the rear or front spoiler. thanks

It is a lip that comes down from behind the STANDARD front bar, and creates a lower lip. But seeing as though yours has an aftermarket from bar on it, the button does sweet FA.

• 3 weeks later...

i've just imported an r32 gtst also, and i have the same switches and have been trawling the internet tryin to figure out why the spoiler is there. One opinion i was given that makes sense to me is that it reduces air flow under the car, which aids grip to the front wheels. I was also told that it wasnt as effective on the r32 than it is on the r31, a lot of people have removed them to save weight so maybe you're better off without it!

The lip works on a speed sensor and doesnt move until you reach X amount of speed at least it was on the r31. Took us a long time to figure that one out.