SAU Community

18" tyre advice please

that sounds about right.

i wont put FM901's on the back of mine or any other expensive tyre because my car is too tail happy and they wont last long at all.

I will be putting FM901's or something similar on the front, and something like cheap Falkens on the back.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kebab, what's the point of good conrol on the front if you haven't got traction in the back? you need the good rubber on the back to stick to the ground and the 901's are a very soft compound which means they stick well but they also wear well too.

i say buy good tyres all round and just rotate;)

Originally posted by ONARUN

kebab, what's the point of good conrol on the front if you haven't got traction in the back? you need the good rubber on the back to stick to the ground and the 901's are a very soft compound which means they stick well but they also wear well too.

i say buy good tyres all round and just rotate;)

If you can't afford good rubber all around i would rather get really good on the front and average on the ass then average all around.

What would you like a car the understears or overstear most of the time overstear is alot easier to control and looks heaps !! better.

Bob Jane gave me a quote of $1500 all around today.

but they had no idea what they were talking about so i will get a few other quotes too (from tempe tyres!!)

$300 for 235/40/18 Falkens

$470 for 265/35/18 Falkens

i think both :)

Considering im using gtr-80ys tyres right now, theyre f'in crap, car gets sideways so easy!

I reckon when you shell out big for big rims, shell out for some decent tyres to go with em.