SAU Community

18" tyre advice please

Ok guys, and gals (sorry Shell) what tyres do you recommend?

Don't want to blow the budget, and I want a balance between performance and durability! I dont want them wearing out too quickly!

235/40/18 i think i need? or should i go the 245?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I will be getting Falken Azenis for my 18's i think.

I run 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 , not sure if they come in 265 (or if i want them in that size - my car is pretty tail happy) but i will definately get them on the front.

Falkens are good but i find they wear out fast, the falkens on the front of mine are hell grippy but i need to replace them and at $505 a tyre you could have guessed im not using them again. I just put Kumo's on the back, they arent as good in the dry but they are the best wet tyre ive ever come across and i used to have the specific wet tyre off falken. Plus they were only 285 each bargain!!:uh-huh:

I'm be looking at Falken's or Pirelli's on the front .... something a little cheaper like your Dunlop FM901's on the rear ..... This should at least keep you headed in the right direction without the expense using the same all round.

Getting wider tires on the rear won't help straight line traction much but it will help cornering, if you get a higher tire wall say a 50 profile you will have better grip off the line as the tire can deform more if you get my drift..

Have a look at the tires drag cars use.

Originally posted by DentonR33

And your happy with them ONARUN?  Good grip in dry/wet>

What kinda kms you get out of a set?

i haven't gone through a set yet as i've only owned car for 1.5 months before accident. the deal with them is they grip and keep on gripping until they reach their absolute limit when they let go. you might say all tyres do that and you would be right but this set gives you no warning (screech) before they let go. pretty good in the wet too. most everyone you ask will talk them up and the reason is they are pretty much the best tyre you can get for under $250

kms/set depends on your driving habits as always;)