SAU Community

New turbo for r32 gts-t

Guys Im into drift and need to install a new turbo (and a few other things) to get a nice 200Kwrw, just woundering what other people have done? what brands/turbos also what boost they are running at with stock internals? what problems you have all had with bigger turbos? also himount or lowmount? I drive this car every day and use it for drift so I need some thing that has good responce

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

New to skylines aust. so hey all!! :rofl:

White R32 Gts-t m-type coupe

PALADN

Full turbo back exhaust

POD

Oil catch can

Mod ECU program (running 10 psi)

BOV

Fiber glass bonnet (black)

As you are only after about 200rwkw a HKS2510 would be ideal. They are also ridiculously cheap as no one wants them because we all want over 250atw :rofl:

Combined with a new fuel pump, 440cc gtr injectors and a programable ecu as well as a front mount it would be a weapon with good torque (for an rb20) right through the revrange.

Around 16-17psi should see it make a tad over 200 at the rears. With 264 drop in cams you cold expect to see another 15kw atw at about the same boost.

Then i'd be looking at a better exhaust manifold, high or low doesn't matter, provided it flows better than the stocker.

If you eventually want more than 220atw then a larger turbo like a 2530 would be the go.

What would be the best fuel pump? Cost?

Also with the gtr injectors do you just plug them stright in and there ya go? cost?

What about a power FC? $1500 good for that?

Hey buddy, i'm in prettymuch the same situation as you, so i've researched all the parts and prices a bit.

That's a decent price for the Injectors. They'll plug straight into your existing fuel rail BUT you will need a resistor pack because they're a different impedance. which I heard can set you back another $20?~ you should be able to find some more info on this on these forums.

For anything up to about 250rwkw i'd recommened you get an R32 fuel pump. It flows 4.5L a minute (Better than the Bosch 040) and you should be able to pick one up for under $200 - it's a straight swap.

PowerFC, checkout www.greenline.jp you can get one delivered to your door for $1050 without the hand controller. I don't think the hand controller is very important, the better tuning places use the laptop as it has more tuning features, so I figure why not save yourself a few hundred $$$.

I found some info on the injectors for you

The transistors in the ECU for RB20/25 are designed to drive injectors with an impedence of around 12-15 ohms. The GTR (and toyota 440cc injectors I have) are 3-5 ohm so 6 resistors are required to splice in between the power wire to the injectors and the injectors themselves. The ECU then switches to earth on the other side of the injector to operate the injector.

It may work for a while without the resistors, but the eventual result is fried ECU  

Then you are able to get the injector timing and pulse width modified (with an aftermarket ECU like PFC) so the car won't un too rich

For a drop in fuel pump get a walbro. The kit suits r32gtst/s13 as it uses the same bracket in the tank. The r32GTR pump needs the bracket to be modded a bit to fit but isn't too hard. I went the walbro solely because it was new and i have quite a few mates with them and no problems to date. You can pick them up for about 200 bucks.

For GTR injectors 300 is about the going rate, it's also the going rate for rx7 550 cc injectors which are high impedence and will definately flow more than enough. I tend to lean towards the 440 GTR injectors as you can pick up 6 of them easier than 6 rx injectors, dropping resistor is a bit harder to find.

PFC is also a bit harder to come by for an R32gtst, you may have a long wait for one even though they are advertised on Nengun and Greenline. It is possible to re write the stock ecu though with good results or go for another stand alone type ecu such as Haltech or Wolf.

You can safely acheive about 180rwkw with the stock ecu and injectors a new fuel pump

Where would I get a walbro from? whats the flow rate? also the rx7 injectors are they plug stright in or do you need the resistor inline too. where do you get these resistors from?

PFC autobarn has em for 1500 with the hand controller

also if I can get rx7 injectors would they be better than GTR ones?

Guys Im into drift and need to install a new turbo (and a few other things) to get a nice 200Kwrw, just woundering what other people have done? what brands/turbos also what boost they are running at with stock internals? what problems you have all had with bigger turbos? also himount or lowmount? I drive this car every day and use it for drift so I need some thing that has good responce

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

New to skylines aust. so hey all!!  :rant:  

White R32 Gts-t m-type coupe

PALADN

Full turbo back exhaust

POD

Oil catch can

Mod ECU program (running 10 psi)

BOV

Fiber glass bonnet (black)

HKS 2530's are a good turbo for a r32 to wont spool up quiet as quick as a 2510 but they are good for 220 to 230 @ the wheels

You'd want the late model series 4 injectors for straight plug in. They are a high impedence 550 cc injector, pink top with part number 195500 1370 i think, some minor shaving of the plug guides is needed to fit straight into the rb20 loom.

Or Series 5 high impedence with part number 195500 2200 which are also pink but have a slightly different plug requiring a bit of modification of the injector loom to install the new plugs.

Walbro pumps can be picked up from a heap of places. I got mine off ebay. You can also get them at http://www.importbitz.com/enginenew.htm . They will quite happily flow enough fuel for over 250 atw.

If autobarn has a pfc with hand controller for 1500 to suit r32gtst in stock then get it now, seriously. You won't see that every day. You could probably get it cheaper online but as i said earlier, you will have to wait. Make sure it isn't for an r32 gtr or r33gtst as they aren't compatible.

As you are only after about 200rwkw a HKS2510 would be ideal. They are also ridiculously cheap as no one wants them because we all want over 250atw :)

Combined with a new fuel pump, 440cc gtr injectors and a programable ecu as well as a front mount it would be a weapon with good torque (for an rb20) right through the revrange.

Around 16-17psi should see it make a tad over 200 at the rears. With 264 drop in cams you cold expect to see another 15kw atw at about the same boost.  

Then i'd be looking at a better exhaust manifold, high or low doesn't matter, provided it flows better than the stocker.  

If you eventually want more than 220atw then a larger turbo like a 2530 would be the go.

Good advice, but its 200rwkws, and its a pretty easy formula. GCG hi-Flow or 2530. Sure a 2510 will do it with a bit more bosot, but are harder to find, and id sacrifice 10rwkws at 3500rpm to make 10rwkws more at 5,500rpm but with 2-3psi less boost:)

If you grab the 2530, get the Pfc, (mine took 10 days from placement of order...lucky? Maybe) and stick with std AFM, injectors etc, just throw a fuel pump at it. See what power it makes before the injectors become an issue...then if you want more power then worry about the injectors, you may find with a rising rate reg you will get over the line?!?!?!

If you have a nice IC, filter, clutch , exhaust already then its not hard to get the 200rwkws. If your car is a stocka then it can get expensive:(