SAU Community

Apexi N1 exhaust or others

YO880

Hi guys, i am looking at exhausts, I like the Apexi N1 Dual, though people only seem to be selling the Single now..

I am a little cautious of getting a custom job as obviously the big companies put a lot of money and research into it, and i have reservations of someone just throwing something together..

i am interested in mid-high range torque increase

Just wondering if anyone has one and how loud it is? i don't want it to be rediculously loud (like the 1.8L mirages these days), but have a nice note and really open up when the throttle is down..

anyone else got any suggestions.. i liked the look of the N1 Duals and the theory that it increased midrange (i think N1's are for High range), There are also GT ones as well, but i am not too fussed about stainless (though i think the pipes are bigger?)

Has anyone seen / got a titanium N1?

Any help / comments appreciated

I also have an Apexi N1, the note is aggressive but not too loud and annoying like some others. I would tend to go for a Japanese style muffler, but the rest of the system may aswell be local, just get a 3" system, with dump pipe and separate wastegate pipe with hiflow cat.

See'ya:burnout:

I have the FGK (FitsuboGiken) exhaust from cat back. It is the quietest jap exhaust I have heard on a skyline appart from stock.

It has a nice deep 'pur' on idle and lets you know you what the engine is doing when you give it heaps. It looks good and does the job without the 'cop-bait' noise and has excellent quietness when on cruise. Makes your car more of a 'sleeper'.

rev210 The FGK sounds like what I'm looking for, where did you get yours? My current one has a fairly loud(in the ****pit) and very annoying drone.

Hmmmm! I've been censored!!

Originally posted by 51jay

rev210    The FGK sounds like what I'm looking for, where did you get yours?  My current one has a fairly loud(in the ****pit) and very annoying drone.

Hmmmm!   I've been censored!!

Mines the Super Ti (titanium rear muffler)

you can buy it from fitsubo themselves, I got mine with the car.

It quieter than stock exept for the full throttle revs.

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-prod/

The only thing with Trust is it doesn't have any markings on it except the JASMA certification plate. You only got a piece of paper if you buy new to prove that it's a Trust item :D

Mine just arrived...

At least the muffler barrel not that big so it won't hit the speedbumps near my workplace....

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by rs73

The only thing with Trust is it doesn't have any markings on it except the JASMA certification plate. You only got a piece of paper if you buy new to prove that it's a Trust item :)

Mine just arrived...

At least the muffler barrel not that big so it won't hit the speedbumps near my workplace....

is this true?

cause i was cleaning my zorst the other day and seeing if my Kakimoto one will fit, and there is a JASMA plate on it... i didnt know what the **** it was, did a search nd found this...

comments?

cancel that...

JASMA

Often owners may find 'JASMA' stamped on an aftermarket exhaust that was on their car when they bought it. JASMA is not a exhaust manufacturer, its some sort of organisation that certifies exhausts meet noise standards etc. It stands for Japanese Automobile Sports Muffler Association.