SAU Community

Cheapest 10 Second car.

Baz

What would in your opinon be the cheapest way to build a 10 second car.

The only rules are:

- Cost of the 10 second car must substitute in the cost of the car and the mods.

- No major weight reduction mods

- No blown carburettored V8's

In my opinon I believe the GSR Lancer would be the best candidate for building a 10 second car as its a relatively cheap car to buy, 4wd and has an abundance of aftermarket kits to build on it.

Old mazda 808 with a 13BT and old school T04, microtech, shortened 9inch, supra 5 speed and custom tailshaft with 8 inch slicks jammed under the rear end with some suspension work.

Total cost would be about 17k including car

Old mazda 808 with a 13BT and old school T04, microtech, shortened 9inch, supra 5 speed and custom tailshaft with 8 inch slicks jammed under the rear end with some suspension work.

Total cost would be about 17k including car

I am up with that for sure the cheapest way to build 10sec package is just the way hes said, but put a T66 (with large exaust wheel) on instead of the T04

Mate is almost finished with his 13bt in 1300 wagon with the large port work and the T66 i cant wait till its run in and i get to have a go

I know you mentioned no blown v8s but the cheapest is definately a vb or vc commodore.

-THe car= $1000 in pretty good cond

- Motor= $4000 308 with a stroker at least 355

- Tranny=$3000 tricked up manualised auto

-Diff= $2500 9 inch with 4 link setup

- Wheels/tyres and miscalaneous= $2500

All up $13000

ANd if you want to go injected, add another 2g.

But rotary was my second choice its just the base cars are worth alot these days!!!

yea i knew a guy with a rx2 with a 13b in it it wooda been near 10s and it was cheap for him motor was 6k worked off its tits then shell was just about nothing nothing

then he got a r100 and put the motor in that

other guy i know has a V8 in a Ford Capri its a ex drag car does 11's had huges wheels on the back and motor coming out the hood

if he superchargers it it will do 10's

Go the rotor in a lite car :cheers:

The other cheapish one would be a 1GGTE with a big turbo, good tune, in something small. The stock bottom ends are unreal. To get a bit more go out of them use a supercharged bottom end, as they are 0.5 compression ratio higher, and can still cop massive amounts of abuse. Full motor would be about $700-1000ish now?

But yeah, carby V8, cheap as, or Rotor. 10sec car isnt that hard, but a reliable street driveable one is a bit more of a trick.

Rotarties are the go........very responsive to mods, but also very high maintenance.

ATM i've got a Series 5 13BT RX7.......although its pretty much sold as I can't be stuffed with it....lol