SAU Community

how do i find the build date?? R32 gtr

You won't find a build date on the car. Get the build number & details from the blue build plate & get someone to plug it into the PASS software. The last of the GT-R's will have a BNR3XXXXX (My 94 Gt-R has a three hundred thousand build number) where as an 89 model will read something like BN001XXX (ie in the thousands)

Depending on the scheme the car was imported under will determine whether or not is has a second compliance plate. An 89 model imported under the 15 year rule will only have the blue plate from Nissan. An R32 bought in under the old import scheme wil have an additional green plate that should have the build date on it. I am not sure what the story is with the new scheme, but you are unlikely to see a SEVS R32 GT-R yet.

you should find the date on the seatbelts... there's a piece of white material at the low bit of it (next to bottom of seat) which has details written on it. mine has it anyway...

you should find the date on the seatbelts... there's a piece of white material at the low bit of it (next to bottom of seat) which has details written on it. mine has it anyway...

I am not 100% on this, but I believe that only cars imported under the 15 year rule still retain their Japanese seatbelts.