SAU Community

Go Karts

Marsss

I'd like some expressions of interest on this... with enough people we can have a nice relaxing race day at Eastern Creek... they have corporate packages there for this.. will post details soon.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really depends on price and whats involved in the package for me......

I am interested, but I'm not driving 2 hours for an hours worth of expensive karting, when I could go 30mins down the road here and race around in a cheap kart.

So yeah, interested, but depends on package details.

speaking out of experience...

Eastern Creek Karts your looking at paying around $170-190 per person for a 3 hour "mini grand prix" session.

on the other hand....

you can go to Fastlane @ Minto [where i held the ns.com go kart day] and it ended up being like $45 per person, for the same sort of event.

I think the general thought of paying the EC price is that for that sort of money you could attend a track day / wsid day etc and use your own car.

everyone had fun, everyone thought it was value for money which was also important!

i think they do max 50 pple at a time there though.

here is the thread if you want any info...

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...opic=92712&st=0

as you can see from the general response everyone enjoyed themselves which i mean for $45 is pretty damn good :P

oh here are some pics also for those who have never seen the track before.

http://www.mys15t.com/gallery/view_album.p...umName=go-karts

cheers hope this helps you with your organisation for the day.

-mark

Whats the quality of the Minto Karts/track like though?

I did an SAU Corporate day about 18mths ago and the day was very good. From memory it was 3 heat runs and a final grand prix all with decent karts and the timing system.

Possible interest here.

Im interested in $50,

But certianly not $175

What karts do they have at minto?

2-Stroke racing?

The best karts i have ever been on where on the way to Port Macquarie, they were raching 125cc 2-stroke cars the ones i use to race on and they were awsome...

Have the minto ones got a speed limiter?

-SINDOWS

Id be keen... just about any evening Mon-Sun.

Minto is crap. Its slow and you do not even need you brakes. $50 is good value but id prefer to spend the $150. (Although the trophy i got from the last corporate day there is pretty good -heheh).

I was going to go to a 4 hour (or was i 6 hour?) enduro at easterncreek with another club last year. Im pretty sure it was $150 each for 4 hours of action. However you had to be in teams of 4 and you divided your time between the 4. Full pits stops, qualifying.

You need a minimum of 30 people.

You also had to pay like $15 for your license (which include 5 minutes in the slower karts). Then you can drive the faster karts on the day.

Id be keen... just about any evening Mon-Sun.

Minto is crap. Its slow and you do not even need you brakes. $50 is good value but id prefer to spend the $150. (Although the trophy i got from the last corporate day there is pretty good -heheh).

I was going to go to a 4 hour (or was i 6 hour?) enduro at easterncreek with another club last year. Im  pretty sure it was $150 each for 4 hours of action. However you had to be in teams of 4 and you divided your time between the 4.  Full pits stops, qualifying.

You need a minimum of 30 people.

You also had to pay like $15 for your license (which include 5 minutes in the slower karts). Then you can drive the faster karts on the day.

i am keen on a team enduro session. would be awesome fun, and then you can share the cost amongst a couple of mates (say 3 man or 4 man teams).

Dan tried to organise this last year but everyone said yeah i'll come, then bailed when it was time to pony up the dough.