SAU Community

Awd - Rwd?

Im pretty sure all u need to do is remove the fuse for the ATTESSA system, so if u wanted a switch, u would just link a switch to that fuse.

Im also pretty certain that for true dyno runs u need to also remove drive/s's to the front wheels.

But any1 feel free to correct me if im wrong

From experience, it goes to RWD to AWD, but not back again unless you restart car :).

Running power through only RWD is going to result in less power loss in the transmission, hence, more power on the dyno chart :D.

while the car is running flick it off and back on again before it stalls and it should go into 2wd mode or some crap like that, im just gonna put a switch on the dash when i get mine...

that flicking the car off thing...

Try this: While driving normally, put the car in neutrel, turn the car off, then after say 3 seconds while still rolling turn the car bak to ON and uv got RWD, so put into any gear and enjoy, but b weary, RWD + alot of power + being used to the AWD system = wall

that flicking the car off thing...

Try this: While driving normally, put the car in neutrel, turn the car off, then after say 3 seconds while still rolling turn the car bak to ON and uv got RWD, so put into any gear and enjoy, but b weary, RWD + alot of power + being used to the AWD system = wall

How fast should the car be travelling when you turn it back on?

I've got a FIELD torque controller on my grey GTR. It has two dials that you can (supposedly) adjust between front, rear, and 4wd. I had to get the module removed to get through compliance and haven't found an auto-electrician who knows how to reconnect it and get it running properly. I think HKS make a similar product.

LOL...if GTRs are so good, why are you all wanting to try and convert your cars into lowly RD GTST:)

...runs and hides after stirring the pot:)

Funny that Roy, I totally agree, I've seen a heap of GTR/RWD threads in the last month :confused: Probably the best feature of a GTR is the 4wd, why not get some control over it instead of just disabling it.

.....of course you can still do that if you have to have some fun :D

Ok, I've recently aquired the locally made ATTESSA control system

Seriouly, all those of you who have recently bought an 32 gtr ( and whom have an R33/34) and which are 'trying' to embrace their newely found power'.. would be well aware that driving a GTR is not as easy as popular opion would have you to believe instictive to the young and brave.

It's many times repeted that R32 GTR's are a tad tail happy, and in my expience after owning a modified GTS-t I was not expecting (note 32) a GTR to behave as such.

Having miles of meadering hills right on the shoulder of Adelide, so enjoying a spirited drive (at the state assined 100km) through twisties is a blast and naturally a past time.

The controller brings on front torque much earlier and like my sisters WRX gives you that 4wd drive far ealier (not making you sheit your pants which = faster )

Eitherway - I vouch