SAU Community

Forza Motorsport

NickR33

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I just picked up this game on the weekend (XBOX only) and was really impressed... makes games like NFS Underground and Juiced look pretty crap...

It is basically Gran Tourismo for XBOX, but better IMHO...

Graphics are awesome, cars feel and drive like the real thing... damage and tyre wear are pretty darn good too..

the best part about it is the playability, heaps of different racing formats, options, mods and the ability to adjust just about anything, including tyre pressure, diff, swaybars, camber, castor etc, etc, etc

I am thoroughly addicted... good thing I bought that 27inch lcd screen for my room lol

so yeah Forza Motorsport :love: :whackit:

I agree Nick. I have GT4 & Forza & IMHO Forza is the better of the two. GT4 is truly an epic game, but there are so many options & so many choices that it puts me off, whereas Forza is just unputdownable & addictive. I'm 70% thru the game - hanging for the sequel. Biggest challenge so far has been the AC Cobra series event. I just can't drive the bastard on crossply tyres !

ha ha yeah the more powerful classic cars are really challenging... I am only like 15% through the game at the moment so haven't got to the really powerful events yet...

Just finished the 'A' series events in professional single race... was a real bitch to come first in all races but the reward was a F355 Ferrari so its all good... The F355 is actually a lot quicker than my modded Modena and modded Mines R32 GTR! and sounds pure horn!

Love this game. My second car was the R32 GT-R :P Fully done it up. The wear in the game is perfect, how the engine gets stuffed when you over rev. Its got the pit stops with fuel, good challenge in the Endurance Races. I now own a mines r32 gt-r fully done up and pretty much just started the game :)

yeah I got the mines R32 pretty early on too helped me finish alot of races... I have a fully modded mines R34 GTR now, complete with 750kw... its an animal!

I also love the old school Tommy Kaira 20B WRX... it owns class B

did I mention I am addicted to this game!

• 2 weeks later...

Forza is awesome!

I don't know what % I'm at but I'm around level 40 I think. I'm trying to finish the Ferrari supercars events. My F40(twin turbo V8, 2 Bar), struggles against the Enzos on most tracks, but it eats them in a straight line!

I think the setup of it is all wrong, but I only know the basics of car suspension etc setup so we wrote down the setup from one of my Porsches(GT3 race car I think), and put them in for the Ferrai F40. I don't know how suitable they are, but I won Nurburgring next race so??? I think I'll look right now and see if anyone has posted setups on the net yet, I'll let you guys know if I find anything decent.

Ah, I almost forgot. For my 21st my mates made me a chair out of a cheap race seat fixed to a office chair base, and its good for playing xbox race games, but we've always been talking about making a simulator. My mate bought an ex-race seat from a guy(for a slab of Bourbon+colas!), and its in my garage now. I'm thinking about taking the fabric off it and replacing it, as that is the only thing wrong with it, then we'll find and modify seat rails to suit, and then start on the mountings for the steering wheel and pedels etc. Pity that XBOX has no true force feedback, we may wait for the XBOX2 to come out and see if that does.

F#$% me, that was a longer post than I intended!

yeah I'm trying to finish the Ferrari Supercar event as well... Bloody F40 handles like rubbish, to much understeer and I can't seem to get the setup right

Swaybars are the easiest adjustment to make to control understeer/oversteer

Its the gear ratios that I really confuse me though

:wizard:

Yep, Forza's great. After playing GT4 for months Forza made for a very nice change. Good to see a game thatfinally competes with GT4. I think the physics are a little more realistic in Forza - GT4s' new engine is a bit fu**ed at times.

My brothers friend has put up a movie of his RX7 if you guys wanna see it lol

http://www.geocities.com/zxtremerpg/fw.html

that link should work, its the one that sez:

Forza Motorsport: Eddy pushes his FD to the limit aiming to be the next D1 entrant.

Feel free to watch the initial d movies aswell lol..

IM in one of them!!! (the last one) :rofl: