SAU Community

Going back to a S13 after having a R33

scottman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea she found the car for me she didn't pay for it man.....

never payed a cent of it your just a old **** with a skyline trying to be fully sik

scottman, you make me fully sik!!

from another 'old****', as you put it.

Kindest Regards,

Superspit.

PS...I hope to 'line you up...one day?

It took me a while to understand what the world was he trying to say. I thought i just read about him just getting his P's like a month ago? He was telling everyone in the NS forums that he just passed his driving test. hmmmmm....i smell some BS...

In addition to that, maybe the SAU forums should have a 'spell-checker' or 'grammer check' option just like what they have in MS Word.

About fuel consumption, seriously man..u think your S13 180sx SR20DET blah blah blah whatever, will not 'drink' as much as the R33? BTW, i thought in NSW as of effect from July, the new P Platers are not allowed to drive turbo cars? Was your Skyline turbo?

Dude, 140rwkw is pretty alright already since you JUST got your license. What do you expect huh? 0-100km/h in 4 secs? :upurs:

DUDE IF U WANT TO MINIMISE ATTRACTING THE COPS ATTENTION DONT SPRAY IT SKYLINE BLUE.

A subtle color helps heaps, perhaps silver?

And i do agree, after reading your thread, i think you should sell the car, and go back to school, the funds should be cover some of the school fees man.

Trust me, you wont regret it.

yeh he just got his licence.... there is a thread on here aswell about how if he didnt get his p's on his booked date he would have to sell his skyline.

im selling my 33 to get a 31 coupe for drift and a suitable car that can tow it. i love my 33 though, and id keep it if i could afford to drift it. its fairly modded, few suspension bits and engine bits here and there...

i find it much much better than my mates 180sx, it makes 244rwkw... unbelievably quick, however, on the same boost, 16psi, my 33 keeps up with it.. and dont have anywhere near as many engine mods as him..

also, my 33 handles much better, feels much better, brakes better, sounds better, and has a much nicer interior. sure, its more expensive to fix.... but the need to upgrade is not as much as with an s13... if a part on the s13 breaks... you are going to replace it with pathetic standard shit...single piston brakes...weak as gbox...simple suspension... yeh right... your going to have to spend money on those parts to get them up to the same level as the 33 components....and then more to make them better than the 33 components...

if you like it, just keep driving it....youve only had it for a month. if you dont, good luck in selling it...there are heaps of 33s out there for sale...

i know a guy whos had a 33 for over 6 years.... its stock as a rock, not a thing done to it, and he's never had a problem with it. drive it like a dickhead, and it will break soon enough, just like an s13 or any other car.

and the 33 should have plenty of power for you... if it doesnt... then buy a corolla as a daily driver.... thats what i do, and everytime i bring it out of the shed... it feels unreal, and super quick....and makes me happy, and thats all that matters, its never been on a dyno, ive never taken it to the strip, it makes me happy when im driving it, and thats all that matters...

but it is for sale.... just because i have other highways to travel and the 33 is too damn nicer car to strip the interior and stiffen everything up for drift...

so if anyone is interested... pm me!

cheers

Linton

dude it's one of those topics that can be debated on and on and on....

I've had them both, at the moment i have 95 sx black top.

Look comparison wise i reckon that sr has better speed as in stock for stock and it would beat sky, it's lot more lighter, hence you can throw it around alot easier.They look damn fine when done up and are cheaper to maintain.

Having said this keep in mind that sky's chassiss is alot stronger, and more bullet proof, sky will never swing as much as sr due to being better build,plus there is the convinience of more space this and that. When sky is done up there isn't many cars that can stay in line with it.

Here's my five cents

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Leaving school and becoming a mechanic or a plumber and taking out a loan to buy a skyline or an type R integera is really common these days but I decided not to go down that road... Im 17 and I imported an r33 gtst through Geoff at Prestige Motorsport a couple of months ago and I still go to school doing my year 12 hsc with hard subjects and getting relatively high marks.. My parents didn’t give me a cent for the car and coming from a strict Persian background they hated the car when I got it and they said it had too much power for my age. I got the money through legitimately selling phones and camera’s through eBay which I continue to do today… anyways im not writing this up to brag or look good. I just want to let people know that anything is possible if you set your mind to it, because I’ve always wanted a black skyline since I was like 15 or something and failed a couple of times but eventually found a way because I never gave up… by the way it is up for sale now (i want to pay upfront for uni fees next year).

If anyone is interested it’s a black ecr33 gtst auto and modifications include:

HKS hyper D coil-overs (done 12,000 kms)

Apexi power intake kit (brand new)

Apexi 3 ½” cat-back exhaust (purchased second hand)

Type M front bar

If your interested please pm me. I will be posting the car up formally in the ‘for sale’ section on this site formally in a few weeks :P

Ugh after reading the first page of this thread im not going to read the rest, so forgive me if i've missed something (although im sure it wasnt too valuable).

Ive owned 2 180's, and driven an R32 a few times.

My experience is that the 180 as a stocker pretty much blows, nowdays not many are stock tho. The first one was just a stocker (rims included haha) with an RB20. It was nice but if you changed a tyre you can see how weak the chassis is... its unbelievable how much it flexes. The R32 was pretty stock from my recollection and was a much nicer drive, and im sure the 33 would be as nice or nicer even though its extra weight.. bear in mind the S13 was designed and basically unchanged except engine and brake specs since 89.

The 2nd 180 had a roll cage, tein coilovers, and 270rwkw. (just boltons and forged pistons). That was a completely different car, and by far the most fun ive had in any car. Allthough rough as shlt on the street, handled unreal and had loads of torque without the "fart can" sound like most people think they have.

My advice would be if you want a fun car to throw around, get a 180 with atleast coilovers... And dont expect the SR to be a revelation in fuel economy. Depending on the tune and power, but mine could go through almost half a tank in 60kms when i drove it hard. But pussy footing you should get 430ish

Hope it helps, good luck haha! :D