Tommyk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How responsive is it compared to stock?

You have basically the same setup im going for except you're using 2560R's whereas im going for the HKS GT-SS's. I'm probably just gonna opt for 2xRB25 AFM's too.

You're running the stock fuel pump minus the low/high resistor right?

Overall a very nice result, grats!

You can keep your stock afms with the gtss's Kris unless you want to run huge boost ( above 1.2 bar ) .

In relation to results at WSID - LOL

First time at the drags, I had 3 runs. Two of them i absolutely buggered up. The first run bogged down with a 2.2 60 foot time. Runs were done at 15 pound boost, because my boost controller was playing up :angry:

I'll be back next week a fair bit earlier

First time at the drags, I had 3 runs. Two of them i absolutely buggered up. The first run bogged down with a 2.2 60 foot time. Runs were done at 15 pound boost, because my boost controller was playing up :angry:

:ohnoes:

Dont worry Tommy, sounds like you had some first time nerves. Will be good to see what the car can do.

what kind of times did you run? for the 2.2 60 was it bogging down or wheelspin?

Don't worry about it, have another go next week...and I might join you.

Getting the launch right in a GTR with big turbos is a pain...such a fine line between sitting there smoking and bogging down.

So, you only got 3 runs? What time did you get there?

Getting the launch right in a GTR with big turbos is a pain...such a fine line between sitting there smoking and bogging down.

I guess the 7000rpm launches might not work with these turbo's hey?

do you need to ride the clutch for a little bit in this instance?

12.7 for a first outing is a good start for sure.

I would have launched that first one at 5000 rpm MAX. And i really dont make decent boost until something like 6k or more. Next time I'll try to rev it out a bit more. I think i got there at about 7/730, so it really didnt give me much time to have many runs. Had absolutely no idea what i was doing, where i was going, etc.

I will be there next week. Hopefully boost controller issues will be sorted and ill be running 18-19 psi.

Either the turbos are just really big and laggy for my setup or something funny is going on ?

What gear is it that you don't see 15PSI till 6000RPM? My turbos are bigger than yours and I get full boost (1.3 kg) by about 4800RPM in anything above 2nd. I don't think I even get full boost in 1st though.