SAU Community

Auto R33 Stock To 250rwkw With Hks 2535 And Now Rb30+hks 3037 Pro S

Also just spoke to Mike at MV few minutes ago and he's finally got a spare converter out of a R31 he can mod and send up for me to swap over, as i didnt want to pull mine out and then wait to refit.

How much did that set you back? for the converter modded and shipped?

As it so happens I have a spare torque converter in my cellar ehheh

Modded/refit in what way?

How much did that set you back? for the converter modded and shipped?

As it so happens I have a spare torque converter in my cellar ehheh

Modded/refit in what way?

I only just spoke to him at 5pm my time today, but from last convo i had with him a few weeks back when he didn't have a spare in stock, it was about $350 odd... plus freight. Exchange of course.

A deposit would also be required until you send old converter back to him too.

It will be one of his 'street' converters.... aparently 2800-3000 stall. Alot better than the 2000 i can get now for sure.... also retains the lock up clutch so crusing will be no different.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

It actuallt cost me $500 Lukits01 .... Have to ring mike and see if there was a refund on return of old converter in that price. Freight from here is usually not worth bothering for the refund, but hey its the right thing to do to help others out waiting for one spare !

The box is out currently, as as long as the main converter seal turns up today, converter will be in tonight !

Exciting, i'll keep you posted.

Gary

On the seal thing, if anyone gets stuff from Mike, just get him to send all new seals with the gear , alot easier than trying to find them locally .... certainly up here anyway !

Gary

Well got the box all in tonight without too much drama (always remember to sand the paint back off the converter spigot where it goes into the crank !!)

And one leaking copper washer ( even after annealing it ! ) ... all was good.

Unfortunately its raining tonight, so couldn't test it properly..... but coming up to a set of lights i kept into it and on the brake and it flared to 2800 and was on 7 psi ..... so looks like it will work well....

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

Went to the 1/4 drags tonight ... and couldn't believe it , the 60' timers wernt working ...sheezz..

Anyway the converter sure works better..... can leave line with 7-9 psi odd on board... alot better than 0 ! Certainly felt quicker..

Got a Best ET of 13.2 @ 105.7 Thats .6 of a second better in the ET. The MPH has dropped, but i assume thats from heatsoaking the SMIC even more when stalled on boost as well as the burnout.. The changes felt a tad softer too, so perhaps with the extra torque multiplication its abit much for the stock (old) clutches in the tranny......

Edited by Fastrotor

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the FMIC and DC trans cooler (in series with factory one ) last week and finally got it onto the dyno today to play with the tune abit up top .

Straight up it made 242 rwkw's . Then with some tweaking it made 250 on std 98. Upped the boost a tad and got 263 rwkw's

On dyno boost goes to 18 and slowly drops to 17 .... However on the street it goes to 16 and falls to 12 once into second gear.... not sure why yet. Going to increase the wastegates seat pressure incase its not being able to close (you can see the links boost control go to 0% trying to shut the gate and raise boost)

Updated dyno progression graph below.

Gazfix%20R33%20Auto%20Dyno%20progress%201.jpg

Edited by Fastrotor

Ok , sorted out the boost drop off.... My bonnet rubbers at each front corner are worn and the bonnet sits about 5 mm under the guard line.... fixxed this by temporarily putting some rubber strips there , now its about 5mm above..... so that simple 10mm gain removed the inlet restriction into the snorkel.

Went out to the drags tonight to try it all out. Stalling up as best as i could i got down to a 1.9 60' !!!!!

Got a best et of 12.3 @ 113 mph !!!

Certainly reached my goal of 12's out of the daily now ... hard not to aim for 11's . Although i can feel the auto showing signs of not liking it too much.... need to make a circuit up to pull timing on gearshift, as its abit harsh on the box currently without any like the factory does.

Gary

nice work there mate!

i just installed a shift kit and 2800rpm torque converter ito my r20 auto (MV autoamtics kit)... can't wait to hit the drag strip!

so with the smaller size of the new torque converter, did you find any increase in power as well? you said that you fitted FMIC and converter.. did that raise the power?

cheers,

Warren

Thanks Guys, yeah im stoked with it, and there are still a few simple cheap things yet to do before i have to go to cams etc .

The 550cc injectors are at max too. But i do run it rich at 11:1 for now to keep exhaust temps reasonable.

The tyres i use are MickeyThompson ET street drag radials. 235/60/15

Yeah , waiting to see how you go Lukits01.

Yeah waiting to see how you like it warren ! Alot better performance wise than std for sure.

The torque converter doesnt add any power at all, it just allows the motor to get more into the power band and start making boost so that aids launch tremendously.

The FMIC, made a HUGE difference, but of course i was already well above stock power.... Still over 200rwkw out of the R34 SMIC aint bad either.

The best thing with the FMIC is i can stall up longer on the line without frying it, unlike the SMIC. The heatsinking is far greater.

Im designing a water injection setup for it , so that will aide alot.

Gary

I have a RB20 engine with a RB25 Auto... I was running a 3500 stall but it was too low for my gt35r. I have just finished putting it back together with a 5000 stall. I will let you guys know after i run in the engine.

I have a m-v automatics manual shift kit and a B&M pro ratchet shifter too.

ps. I could sell my 3500 stall if anyone interested :D

post-24062-1156077546.jpg

Edited by RB120WHY