SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

a little stretch is good as there is less flex in the sidewall and you get better response from the tire. You have ordered the 235 already so just run with it....worse comes to worse replace when you are due for a new set with 255s

Yeah, i agree. The difference it makes is not worth the price but as you said, if and when i need to replace them, i'll go for the 255's. I am confident that 18x10 +20 rims with 255/40 tyres would fit on the rear however, i am not actually 100% sure so probably best to be safe than sorry.

Thanx for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out they are 19x10+17

Trial fitting tomorrow then choosing the tyre size. Bloke reckons prob 265 max on there.

Will put up pics when fitted. Fingers crossed. Definately going to fill the guards. lol

Pic of rims fitted. 19x 10 +17 255 tyres

post-24510-0-41383500-1354001574_thumb.jpg

No heights have been set up for track/curcuit and car counter wieghted each courner so low enough. Plus tyres hang out past the guards. Dont want to camber them as i will loss traction when car launchs.

More photos of my car.

Size: 18inch

Width: 9.5inch

Offset: 22+

Tires: 235/40/18 (the 40 could be wrong I cant recall it)

The backs could do with a spacer to add a little poke.

Currently has a fair bit of camber which I dont like.

Will get that fixed asap

_DSC3807_small.jpg

I don't mean to alarm you but the stig is behind you..

what would fit nicer out of 18x9.5+12 and 18x9.75+20 on a r33 gtst?

interesting question however depends on what you want to achieve here. Couple of things below

• Rims are virtually the same size only mm's (roughly 3mm wider each side) in it!
  • The +12 is still going to have more poke (towards the guard) by roughly 5mm of or so
  • what tyre size do you want to run? Again as its only 5mm give or take overall not much difference

hope that helps you a touch

Ok just picked up a cheap set of rims, not as good as some on here but there better than the standard ones on there now.

What will I need to do to get them to fit, just guard rolling?

Front 19x8 235/35

Rear 19x9.5 275/30

img1282fu.jpg

img1285ju.jpg

Sorry for my knob question but wont to know what im getting myself into this weekend when I try and fit them.

Thanks

what are the offsets? judging by the photo id say pretty high +30s low 40s?? my guess is not much at all maybe slightly roll the inner guard lip on the rear due to tyre size but should be a breeze

Edited by Frosty

interesting question however depends on what you want to achieve here. Couple of things below

• Rims are virtually the same size only mm's (roughly 3mm wider each side) in it!
  • The +12 is still going to have more poke (towards the guard) by roughly 5mm of or so
  • what tyre size do you want to run? Again as its only 5mm give or take overall not much difference

hope that helps you a touch

yeah from what i worked out i dont think there is much in it at all,

was hoping to run a 215 40 or 45 or would i be better going a 225 35?

the reason i ask is the rims only come in 9.75+20 so was hoping itl fit with some poke

yeah from what i worked out i dont think there is much in it at all,

was hoping to run a 215 40 or 45 or would i be better going a 225 35?

the reason i ask is the rims only come in 9.75+20 so was hoping itl fit with some poke

yeah all those tyre sizes will be fine on that offset! see post #2208 with 235/40/18 tyres on R33 will give you an idea :D

Ok just picked up a cheap set of rims, not as good as some on here but there better than the standard ones on there now.

What will I need to do to get them to fit, just guard rolling?

Front 19x8 235/35

Rear 19x9.5 275/30

Sorry for my knob question but wont to know what im getting myself into this weekend when I try and fit them.

Thanks

Just put the rims on only just fit, will be rolling the guards.

Question, how close are everyones tyres to the struts, looks a little to close???

Will 265 help that much??/

offset 40+

img1296ok.jpg

img1295w.jpg

img1304cg.jpg

Thanks